• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New mask - Cressi Calibro - Experiences?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Tim B.

May 1, 2017
Hello dear fellow hypercapnians!

While researching prices for the Cressi nano, which has been evading me in my favorited color combination of black skirt and green frame for weeks now, I stumbled across this new piece of minimal volume mask technology: behold the Cressi Calibro! https://www.cressi.com/catalogue/Details.asp?id=1155

It is advertised as the next generation of the nano.
Details include that the strap is now attached to the frame and the miraculous IDF (INTEGRATED DUAL FRAME TECHNOLOGY) is one of the key innovatives.

Prices and availability vary wildly and I haven't found any reviews as of yet.
Has anyone had the opportunity to get a closer look at that wonderfully refined but simple looking mask and would like to share his or her impressions with the rest of us?

Kind regards
Tim
1155_ds425050_z.jpg

1155_ds429850_8rue_z.jpg

It looks like a nice mask and fairly similar to the IST Hunter which I have, except that the strap is attached directly to the frame which is a feature I feel works well. I find that if the strap is attached to the skirt, depending were and how it is attached, it can compromise the seal when using a snorkel. I have always liked cressi gear, their master frog fins are great! ;)

I'm in the market for a new pair, love the Nanos, but have the mirrored which I think darkens things a bit to much and as much as I love them the wife love them more sooo... gotta get a new pair anyways. :)

Anyone tried this one yet? I did not have the chance to pick one up before my travels..

Considering getting one, but they only have green and black on scubastore at the moment... I really like my Nano and along with the Micromask it fits my wife, daughter and me so we always bring one as a spare on travels.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT