• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new mask review! AQUAVIZ

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Kappa

Jun 29, 2016
Had massive troubles with masks and forehead pressure.
the flat framed micromasks
omer3
micromask

were painful

aquasphera was comfy but the seal was awful and needed resiliconing around the lenses (lets water in)

found an awesome mask,

aquaviz

silicone is a bit stiff but still comfy

i flooded all the masks with water and then measured the amount (volume)

aquaviz 120ml
aquasphera 120ml

micromask 70ml

and you can put special prescription lenses inside!

http://www.sportviz.com/index.html

did a few dives,
good view,
ample nose pocket for bigger noses

might be hard to equalize for someone with a small nose

Many thanks for the review, just checked out their website and I have to say, I am impressed, they do a whole range of sports eyewear and from what I can see, they look the business, a big (y)

image.jpg

Hi Kappa, What is the field of view/peripheral vision like - any good for spearfishing?

Based on what you wrote this mask DOES NOT hurt your forehead?

I would love to see it myself as current masks are both too small for my nose and are a bit too close to my forehead.

How long are you using it? Did you take corrective lenses? What was the total price?

I would like to know all that Mr. X and Aphex asked because my wife won't dive with me because she can't see without her glasses. If I could get her something like this it would be amazing. Do they polarize or do color correction for red and yellow replacement?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

doesn't hurt my forehead/between my eyebrows at all

super comfy

room for a big nose!

colored lenses are available for other goggles not sure about the swim mask

shoot them a mail, likely possible to do a custom?

all use the same prescription insert, so you can swap your "glasses" into swim mask, ski mask, tennis goggles etc

Reactions: Mr. X
Ah, room for a big nose, yes very important for some ;)

From the website: "For snorkeling, diving, and other below-the-surface water activities to 150' depth."

This is quite a caveat if we are using the mask for freediving.

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT