• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW material from Eliossub?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
this is freedown... i have two of these suits - 3mm and 5mm. they're really good. the outside looks very black and is extra smooth - smoother than normal smooth skin. water beads up on it and flows over it like polished glass. that's the only way i can explain it! i believe it makes the suit more hydrodynamic. the inside is basically open-cell but it has a black coating which makes it feel smooth - like gold coating. but it still sticks to your skin.

And it tears very easily - I know from experience!! Having said that, I am quite clumsy and after scuba diving for ages, it takes a bit of getting used to when you have to put freediving suits on with such care and then not catch them on anything. Unlike scuba, when you can just throw them on and bash them araound with very little effect!!! :D

Donna

Reactions: derelictp
Hello Peter

I have one 5mm suit. The only think that i have notice is that it is very very smoth outside in 1 second is it dry!!

But I dont think that it is , Like Elios say, ease to put it on YOU need stil soap.

I dont know if it is better that normal opencell Haiwa suit.

I think it is "Stronger"

Lambis fröm Malmö

Reactions: derelictp
Thanks all!

Ok It seems that one thing is shure; It have a better glide than smothskin.

The link said it's better glide, stronger and more flexible compared to smothskin/goldcoating (HEIWA) which I use today.... seems fantastic.

BUT; Is the flexibility really as good or is it even better???

Has any of you compared the flexibility?

(Alun; couldn't give you Karma since I "had to spread it around first before giving it to........");)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT