• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New member in Scotland

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
hi,
very cold up there in aberdeen ,surfed up there a few years ago.maybe we could hook up the next time im jammed in aberdeen for a few days,I work offshore and its quite common to get"bumped " for a few days and left to your own devices with nowt to do.

Our trip was a disappointment! Dinked around wasting time with another's boat, people ran late--should've just taken my sloop & left'em (honor bound to stay). Lost the tide, viz & wind but...there'll be another day (spearos only). SIGH

hey dude,
I'm from Abereen. If you wanna go spearfishing together give me a shout.

Carpy, sound good to me. Problem at the moment is the vis is crap and there are no fish.
If you know where there may be some fish at this time of year then lets go. I am based North of Aberdeen (Ellon area) so I often head up to Fraserburgh and along the Moray Firth. Ever been out at Cove?

I was about to head north about 3 weeks ago to meet up with another DB spearo in Thurso to hunt for recently sighted bass on the North coast. We had to call it of due to 4m swells. So we never met up. And I've not had the time to get orgainsed again. It sound good up there, may be a good trip fro next year if you fancy it.

Hey JRH,
I was diving there(Cove) but vis were poor. :(
Well I've seen plenty fishermans along the shore in Stoneheaven but it was in july. What about fish farms or private lakes, are there any in here?
Btw if you'll up to any spearo trip count me in.

hi guys so there is more of us here im based in aberdeen to you right carpy vis is poor in cove but im looking for other spots for spearo if somebody got any adwise or want to join very welcome:)

I just came back from Macduff, geez... vis is great there at least 2m. But I wasn't diving just went there for fun but who knows maybe next time I'll go there with my spearo gear.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT