• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tom@blackhawk

Jan 22, 2004
Hello all, new to this site and to free diving as well. I live in the Norfolk VA area, looking for some one in the area to point me i the right direction.

Tom

Tom-
I am a member of the mid-atlantic freediving club....and there are plenty of great divers in your area(VB, Richmond, DC). We are a little more geared towards spearfishing, but dive often enough without the guns. I will PM you some info on how to get on the listserv adn start meeting some freedivers in your area. There are atleast a dozen guys in your immediate area...some fairly new to the sport and some holding several world records(spearfishing). They do a lot of UW hockey in the winter, that might be a good way to get to know some of the guys and get your feet wet.

Talk to you soon-
Matt

Last edited:
Matt, Thanks for the ifo! I want to eventualy get into spearfishing, just want to get the whole breathholding thing down first so I don't make to big of a fool out of myself starting off. Would love more info on the UW hockey.

Tom

No worries...I PM'd you some more detailed info. You should look into a PFD course. A number of the members have been and many more are interested. We are going to try and get another group together to head down later this year and i'll keep you posted on that. It's a great way to get started...until then use the MAFC listserv and DB.net to it's fullest. There is a ton of info on this site and many experienced divers to help you along.

Take care-
Matt

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT