• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New on the forum

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

klippdass

Feb 17, 2003
Hello

I'm new here at this forum.
My name is Mats and i am a 27 year old swedish guy from gothenburg. I have been diving since i was 5 years old and for the moment freediving is my sport besides bouldering.

Today i got my new pair of sporasub pure carbon fins. I had never seen them in the real life before i ordered them from diveinn, so i was very supprised how soft the blade was. If i compare with my "plastic" sporasub fins that i had before those were much stiffer. Ok the blade bend in a better curve than the "plastic" blade but is the fin really going to bee this soft?
For the moment i have not had the possibillity to trie them but i hope that i can do so soon.
I ordered a mares hercules bag to carry the gear in and i was a little bit dissapointed when i realised that my new fins were longer than the old ones in plastic....they won't fit the bag...:(
Are there any other whey that i can store the fins so the arent damaged during the transport? There arent any freediver out there who has built their own fin-bag?

///Mats "The klippdass"

Try a golf club suitcase. Because this has to fit both the clubs and the bag and usually fairly cheap, they make great fin and gear bags.

ok, that is a great idea. At first i thought that you were fooling me but then i realised what you meant. You mean a "suitcase" that can be used for the golfbag when flying ?

///Mats

Exactly. I have one with great padding as well as a a hard plastic bottom and wheels. I have flown all my gear to Cozumel twice so far and everything is well protected. I paid 35 USD at KMart.

In desperation, I made a speargun case one time out of 1/4 plywood and 1" pine frame. I couldn't find a hardcase for my Riffe Metal Tech. It work 'cept for a dent made by some none careful plane loading crew. I since put a layer of sturdier material on top of the plywood. It works. Maybe you can make a similar one.

Marcos

Welcome klipdass.
Your blades are actually reasonably stiff, and you will find that with some practice, you will find the proper tempo and intensity to use them. They will push you along once you feel them out. They are good blades, but delicate, as far as fins go.
OMER and Picasso both make bags that are specifically for big fins and spearguns....check them out.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

Mats,

If you find any good and cheap bags in the area of Gothenburg, could you please let me know since this is where I'm from too!

I have been looking for some sort of bag that is big enough for my Esclapez fins for some time (but I haven't tried the golf-approach yet). I am considering ordering the "Cressi Apnea Team" bag from scubastore, which at 90cm in length would (barely) hold the Esclapez fins.

If you find any good bags locally, please let me know!

// Johnny

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT