• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New PB... Need Training Schedule

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

JMD

May 10, 2001
Hey guys just wanted to thank everyone for their responses posted to the board.

I've been stuck at 25M dynamic swim for 2 weeks, but after reading posts regarding proper breathing and slowing down movement I was able to add 12M in a day.

I'm hoping that I can improve my relaxation in the water over the next couple of weeks and add to that.

This has probably posted before but does anyone have any thoughts re: a pool training schedule with static/dynamic components?

Thanks in Advance

Try doing a series of statics, up to your Maximum one. Then wait 5-10 minutes and try a dynamic. Or if your final static wears you out too much, do your warm up statics, then do the dynamic instead of the final static.

I do something similar to this, but also do a few Negative pressure dives(Not reccomended for a beginner, NEVER ever try without a buddy), and can still do 125m on a bad day.

I you don't have a buddy you can do your statics out of the water, but then you really shouldn't be doing a dynamic anyway.

Hope that helps.

A negative pressure dive is basically when you dive without any oxygen in your lungs (all oxygen exhaled) as opposed to having your lungs filled with oxygen.

Tyler

Just want to add that training techniques such as negative pressure dives are nothing to fool around with. It's been brought up in various threads over and over, but freedivers need training just like scuba divers need training. To anyone starting out in freediving and even those more experienced, PLEASE dive safe and make sure that you have some understanding of the physiology behind the techniques that you're practicing.

Cheers,

Mike

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT