• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Picasso Magnum BW Invert Roller Speargun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mr. X

Forum Mentor
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Jul 14, 2005
Just received an email from Spearfishing.co.uk. Although I have never been a fan of Picasso gear, the specification for this inverted roller really is quite impressive, if you are into the whole roller speargun thing - it seems overkill for my needs but perhaps your needs are different:

3x14.5mm bands, carbon barrel, 7mm spear, barrel lengths from 85cm-140cm. The spec., at least, is impressive; the price less so, at more that 3x the price of my Apnea Amarok 95 roller speargun (which already seems like it might be a tad overpowered for my needs!). But its fun to gaze and wonder and theorize sometimes :D
Screenshot-2021-04-12-at-15.19.10.png

Just received an email from Spearfishing.co.uk. Although I have never been a fan of Picasso gear, the specification for this inverted roller really is quite impressive, if you are into the whole roller speargun thing - it seems overkill for my needs but perhaps your needs are different:

3x14.5mm bands, carbon barrel, 7mm spear, barrel lengths from 85cm-140cm. The spec., at least, is impressive; the price less so, at more that 3x the price of my Apnea Amarok 95 roller speargun (which already seems like it might be a tad overpowered for my needs!). But its fun to gaze and wonder and theorize sometimes :D
Screenshot-2021-04-12-at-15.19.10.png
Ive tested an invert roller and i was amazed with the design, power, precision , how easy was to load ( takes time to get used tho) and absolutely no recoil
This are the specs
MAXIMUS speargun
Invert roller 100 cm cuttlefish shape in pro carbon fiber with shaft guide Steel shaft made in USA measuring 7,3mm x 140 cm with 4 shark fins and 1 for pre loading
Ergonomic handle allowing tightness and a comfortable grip
Handle mechanisms in stainless steel and equipped with a high precision trigger mechanism that offers great user sensitivity and less recoil at maximum loads
4 sets of Primeline rubber bands with 16 mm
Stainless steel reel with 30 meters/99 feet of specta line .
Can be costumized
Made by Pinguim sub portugal

Reactions: Mr. X
But i find it its not an everyday speargun, and more efficient in open water , or waiting , Takes a bit load when ur not used to , and with current and swell.
Nevertheless its always good to have one or couple in your "arsenal" .
The no recoil blowed my mind i was like: " oh no...did the wish bones broke?did the shaft left?" And ...Yes everything was as it should and the shaft left the barrel as expected ....6 Meters away from my locations with not so good visibility it fully pierced the target , ive tested at sea by the way , i find it a better way to really check how a speargun performs instead of a pool, due to the natural environment

received_1457836707899957.jpeg
received_1457836707899957.jpeg

Attachments

• received_508659286972053.jpeg
    received_508659286972053.jpeg
    32.5 KB · Views: 402
  • received_277482327379509.jpeg
    received_277482327379509.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 529
  • received_622388305335953.jpeg
    received_622388305335953.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 426
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT