• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Records in Italy

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

joefox

Oct 27, 2001
Hi everyone, I haven't been posting for a long time, unluckily I've been pretty busy in the last few months.

I just want to share with you some fresh news from Italy: about 20 minutes ago Alessandro Rignani Lolli (Italian national team in Nizza and Ibiza) set a new WR in constant ballast (that won't be recognized by AIDA).

Alessandro easily made it to 88 meters in 2' 20'' and came up really good.

Gianluca Genoni, who's attempting a new world record in variable ballast next Saturday (28th Sep he'll go for 132 meters) , announced yesterday that he will also try to break the CB limit......next Monday!!

At the time the record was 87 meters, now it is 88.......let's see what happens!!

JoeFox

Last edited:
Do you know what equipement did he use? Monofin or bifin? Mask, lenses or goggles? Do we have picturs somewhere?

I don't remember his name from Italian team in Ibiza. (I just remember Gaspare, Davide & Umberto).

Hi,

Alessandro used monofin, contact lens & goggles filled with water. Picture below (right before the attempt)

He was in the team in Nizza and reserve in Ibiza, along with Riccardo Mazzi.

Great guy.

JoeFox

Attachments

• rignanilolli.jpg
    rignanilolli.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 444
Reactions: Jon
hi joefox

i have a question for you since you are italian: my girlfriend is italian and we woud like to know the italian female records for static and cw.

we are both new to the sport and haven´t found this information anywhere so far.

would be excellent to hear from you.

another question : alessandro made it to 88m and back in 2:20 ? that sound extremely quick to me. is that a typing error or not??

i envy you for beeing at the spot when worldrecords are broken. must be extremely exciting.

good luck for your team in the future.

roland

:cool:

Congratulations, but new world record is coming up

During the first days of October 2002, two Venezuelan´s Freedivers will go to attempt break 3 freediving world records (Carlos Coste in Free Inmersion and Constant Ballast and Nestor Aparcedo en Dynamica Apnea in pool).

ROAD TO THE RECORDS (September 23):
The freedivers, Carlos Coste and Nestor Aparcedo are under the best conditions, so much physical as mental to be able to beat the world marks, in fact, Carlos Coste has already been able to overcome in sessions of training the current record of Apnea in Constant Weight (-87 mts) when last Thursday 19 of September it was able to descend -90 mts of depth and now he will concentrate on carrying out between -95 and -100 mts in the modality of Free Immersion.

For more info visits www.sportalsub.net there are a small video of Carlos Coste training free inmersion.

Greetings
Miguel A. Cedeño O.
miguel@sportalsub.net
Sportsub & Sportalsub
www.sportalsub.net

Attachments

• challenge_deep.jpg
    challenge_deep.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 398
Hi Roland,

the Italian CB official record should be Rossana Majorca's 56 meters (1991)
the static official record is Manuela Acco's 5:31 (Ibiza World Cup)

JoeFox

Hey silly question everyone,

With the french and Italian divers recently setting "world records" of 87 & 88m in CB. I wondering who validated Herbert Nitsch 92m record, I take it it wasn't AIDA then ?
Or was it classified as freshwater or something ?

I remember Patrick Musimu's 87m record was with AIFD so AIDA doesn't count it.

Free Immersion

Herbert Nitsch 92 meters record was in free immersion and not in constant weight.

Picture

Hey guys, I thought you might like it :)

Alessandro comes up!

JoeFox

Attachments

• opt-record5.jpg
    opt-record5.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 284
Rossana Maiorca

Rossana Maiorca's last constant weight record was 58m, not 56m.

She was also the first athlete to ever do a record with a monofin.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Ooops, you're right, and I guess it was in 1990 not in 1991.:duh

I need a vacation :head

JoeFox

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT