• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Riffe Gun...

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

defofthecrown

Morone saxatilis
Mar 8, 2003
Kind of, any one have a picture of the new camo anodized metal techs? #4 and 5 have a blue camo as listed on their site. 0-3 have a green camo that I'd like to see if any has an image. They also changed all the plastic parts o glass filed nylon. I remember some people on this board having problems w/ muzzles breaking.

Here is the only picture at Riffe'S site, beautifull, isn't it?
blue-camo.jpg

Ah yes, The Riffe handle. Better handle than before. But handles don't make guns shoot straight.

Erik, I sent you an email about diving this weekend

Hi Defo :)
I guess you've probably seen it yourself now but there's a piccy of the green gun on the Riffe site now, looks good too :)
Here's a picture before someone asks where the site is ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: defofthecrown
At SPEARFISHINGGEAR.COM, they sells it with enclosed track, but pictures at Riffe's site, looks like the traditional open track.

They also raised the price 24% :(
I found a site where they still have the old ones - on sale - #0 is $248 #1s about $309. I'm tryin to pick between a #1 or #0s

X frog. Some places have not gotten the new models yet. I called around a few places and they should have them soon.The only place i've seen a riffe is in pensacola ,shops here don't keep riffes in stock.If your interested in the enclosed track look up some of Iya divers post on them .

Foundoset, Where was that pic taken in your avatar?I see waves in the background and I haven't been surfing since thanksgiving and i'm starting to lose my mind.

Lol - Lake Michigan. We had some great days last summer and fall - HUGE waves for such a small pond. Best have a real good wetsuit this time of year :)

I like the camo guns. While is it oft debated weather or not it actually helps with hunting, it surely cant hurt and they look cool IMO. In college we were required to take a course in perception. Much of it was about eye structures and how they actually work and relay information to the brain, There was a chapter about how camo works by breaking up straight lines that are easier for the eye to recognize. Personally I think it may help a divers forward profile be slightly less discernable.

Riffe switch to a different plastic for their handles last year. I snapped an old one and got the new one. I forgot what the two types of plastic they were, but my friend who works for a plastic company said it was about 3 times stronger.
don

Fondueset said:
They also raised the price 24% :(

It's just the general 2005 increase as far as I know. Other manufacturers have increased prices as well this year. I missed the cheaper boat on my new OMER gun by a month or so :(
Still happy to get a premium product though.
Cheers,
Erik Y.

The new handles are made of nylon and are impregnated with fiberglass for strength. It also has overmolded soft rubber over the handle for a better more comfortable grip.

I think the camo makes a difference by breaking up the outline of the gun. For me any advantage is good. Im thinking of putting enclosed tracks on my MT 3s, I hear it is faster and easier to load.

GTB

Hey Gonetobaja! I head something about some spearfishing on ESPN that your envolved with.Can you gives me some info on it like show times or anything like that.
Anybody know what the width of a riffe is where the handle mounts?I assume it's the same for all models since they use the same handle on all of them.

Im just trying to promote the video on ESPN on Offshore Adventures Sunday mornings at 9:00eastern. Those guys are super nice people and are trying to help me out getting started.

You can check the Riffe website and see if they have dimensions for your questions.

I dont have my own TV show. I mean what would it be? A show of some spearfishermen traveling to the middle of nowhere and nailing big fish with great underwater footage?

Gone to Baja Adventures....?

Hmm....

GTB

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT