• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new roller

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

persiko

persiko
Jan 20, 2005

Attachments

• IMG_3924.JPG
    IMG_3924.JPG
    282.5 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_3926.JPG
    IMG_3926.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_3934.JPG
    IMG_3934.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_3940.JPG
    IMG_3940.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 265
Belissimo ;)

Ogni volta il tuo fucile e migliore.

Hey Persiko, each time you outdo yourself with a better gun.

Ciao

Persico

VERY nice my friend.... once again you have impressed us all....

I have a new tuna gun I need to show you - It will be finished in a few days....a real cannon

Hiya

PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmmm........zebrawood .........mmmmmm:D:D:D

Regards
miles:D

Persiko

Why do you build the roller type speargun ? What advantage does a roller gun have ? I am very curious as I have often wondered...

Thanks

Tom

Tom,

We are waiting to see that Tuna Gun. if it is like the other that you made it will be great for sure.

Cheers

Ivan

eightwgt said:
Persiko

Why do you build the roller type speargun ? What advantage does a roller gun have ? I am very curious as I have often wondered...

Thanks

Tom

ciao all!!

roller is a overpower then a normal spearguns.
Spillo hat a 3 power control:
1- front- is a normal 70 (cm) lenght
2- middle - is like a 90
3- rear - is like a 110

all in one !! ( in a little gun!!) this is a very good opportunity for my sea

i can hunter like ambush, aspect, lair; all whith only one gun.

I would say that Spillo is not a special construction for this gun, it is no-positive.....too much. so I prepare a new right spearguns for this.

But the right accessories for roller you can find here:
http://www.arbalegno.com/realizzazioni/spillo/spillo5/spillo5.htm#componenti
this is very special for all roller.

there is also a new spearguns I create for a friends also very interesting:
http://www.arbalegno.com/realizzazioni/verzega/verzega.htm

Here in Italy Winter is become and I don't go so much to the sea.....!!!

ciao

Spearingfish said:
beautiful work of art . Have you got to shoot it yet?

yes, very very very strong.....(max power )
I hope to make video of them!
ciao

Tom,

Put a picture of your Tuna Gun!!!!!!!!!!!

You are driving everybody crazy waiting for it.

After the picture we will tell you the secret of the new rollers, that way you could make one next time and teasing us with the pictures again.

After I saw your previous gun on the other forum, I am pretty sure that it must be a piece of work.

Did you test this one in the pool????????

Cheers

Ivan

Ivan

Here ya go...

I did not shoot it yet.... I am actually not finished - I am putting more finish coats on it.... not to mention I have to put the hardware on it as you can see....

Attachments

• RTUNAGUN.jpg
    RTUNAGUN.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 249
Tom,

What a beauty!!!!!!!!

It is an awesome work, you really work the wood very well and as in you other gun, or at least the one that I saw in Spearboard, I really like the finish and the handles that you make.

I am very familiar with the european models like Totem and Abellan and I like the fine work in the spearguns.
I think that you made a excellent gun as well as a beautiful one.

Congratulations, you are a Master, keep them coming.

Cheers

Ivan

Tom,

The advantage to a roller gun is fairly simple, with a roller you use the bands entire stretch from the roller to the notch or fin, without the slack rubber you would have left as in a regular speargun. You are able to transfer more energy to the shaft as well as already being inline with the shaft because of the rollers.

Pappa Jack P. experimented with them years ago in California, I believe there is only one commercially made roller gun made by SeaTec of Italy. Seatec guns are hard to find in the states though, so I had a Seatec representative send me an Import price list and catalog. They seem to be a really forward thinking company, as well as being headed by Valerio Grassi formerly of Omer. I have built a couple of Rollers, I think I still have one laying around somewhere. I send you a pic of it if I can find it.

Here is an older Roller gun pic....don't know who made it though and a link to the Seatec gun: http://www.spearo.co.uk/images/st-roller.jpg

Attachments

• dd_1_b.JPG
    dd_1_b.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
Shane,

I believe Tom said it is Teak and Zebrawood......purty ain't it?

Its beautiful

The handle looks like it has been carved out of the same piece.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT