• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new static record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ChristianRedl

Feb 23, 2004
news from germany:
tom sietas: 8'12''
the first try from tom, he want to beat the time in the next two days ...

CONGRATULATIONS TOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! This year may turn out to be even bigger than last year, recordwise.

I heard that he did 9' 14'' in training! Is that true?!
Anyway, big congrats to Tom!

Congratulations Tom!

Last I heard from Mad Max, Tom had reached 9'19" in practice, beating his old 9'14"....

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Congratulations Tom !!!
A nice warmump ;-) Now give us the big 9'00. I know you can do it.

Originally posted by wolleneugebauer
no secrets in freediving!

toms best (in training) 9´23 min

What is he eating??

Big congratulations.

Anybody know how was the attempt of Guillaume Nery?

Nery / Tom

Yesterday, Sebastian Nagel who judged Tom's attempt confirmed that Nery did -96m on a valid official attempt.

Tom's second attempt yesterday was 8'15''. Unfortunately he suffered very slight LMC. Let's hope that he'll beat Stephane's 8'24'' to end the discussions about Stephane's attempt.

Ganz frisch über das Telefon von Curt, der live vor Ort ist:

Tom Sietas hat soeben seinen gestrigen Weltrekord nochmals getoppt
und einen noch längeren und erneut sauberen Versuch hingelegt.

Die neue Bestzeit lautet auf 8:27 Minunten!

Wow!

new world record from tom sietas today: 8´27min!

Great accomplishment Tom, I know it's hard to perform well in front of a jury.

I hope I'll see you at the Hemmoor happening too, to congratulate you personally.

Love and Peace,
Kars

How do you guys think the new AIDA static point scale will
effect results in comp.?
Does anyone know when it says 'DYF in demonstration'
for the events scheduled, do we Dynamic or not?

Re: contractionc

Originally posted by oceanmen17
Congrads for Tom,

Does anyone know when his contractions started?

Amr

As far as I know Tom gets his contractions pretty early. On a perfectly relaxed dive somewhere between 4' and 4'30''. But his contractions are very soft through the whole dive although he sometimes fights for 6' when he gets contractions at 2' already.

If you had Tom's static abilities, the world record in your pocket but another one or two attempts left, what would you do?
Would you try to put the bar beyond reach, or back off and let other athletes try to beat the 8'27'' mark?

Originally posted by efattah
Tom should put the record out of reach.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

That's what I think. From a sportsman's point of view it's best when the official record is as close to the unofficial record as possible. This way the official record gains more weight.
However, from a marketing person's view freediving could get a lot more attention, thus advancing the sport, when there're many record events increasing the bar slowly.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT