• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New to Forum/ Interested in free diving

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Smudd

May 30, 2006
Hey guys. Well I signed up a few days ago and this place looks like its full of valuable information. I am certified for Scuba Diving, but recently I have been becomming more and more interested in free diving and it really looks like something that I would want to try out. Ever since I was a kid I would always love to hold my breath in the pool and compete against friends, so this looks like a sport that I would like to try. I've been searching for valuable beginner "starter" information, but I cant really find it all too well.

Whenever I look for information, I just can't find the stuff that makes sense to me or just wont tell me the things that I want to learn about. I'm probably just searching wrong, but if someone could help me by giving me the right links/starter infomation on free diving in general or just techniques that would help with prolonged breath holding. I can hold my breath for about 2.5 minutes in a dry session, and I would like to go beyond that. This summer I am going to Greece and Italy, and I can't wait to try some light free diving. Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks.

[ame="http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?t=64959"]How to start Freediving[/ame]
Hi Smudd,
In the beginner section there is a sticky ( a thread that stays at the top ) with a lot of info and well laid out. When you raed through it and still have any questions give us a shout or any one else and you will always find members helpful.

Reactions: Erik
look for Terry Mass & David Sipperly's book Freediving.
it has become my go to source for information both before and after freediving in Saipan. everything they said when it was compiled is accurate for that goes on today!

also try to get ahold of Umberto Pezillari's book I hear it is more advanced discussion on apnea theory and practice beyone the Maas Sipperly book.

best of luck, and a long life of silent swimming.

tbgsub

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT