• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

new to forum

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

UK Spearo

Crystal Vis team
Nov 18, 2004
Hi All, I'm new to this forum, looks good! Winter season not far away now, might get another dive in this weekend though!

Welcome UK Spearo to the board

yeah, winter is about here, guess its time to dig out the 3mm... water temp dropped to 26 last week :-(

anton

It DROPPED to 26...blimey, we are lucky (UK) if it ever gets as high as 20!!!! I use a 5mm suit in the summer and then a 3mm shorty under my 5mm in the winter (others use 7mm). Thats if the viz is good enough! Normally not in the water at all from end of November till March. In march the water temp is about 8degrees! bbrrrr. Can only stay in for about 45 mins before things start droppping off! ha ha ha

Ha Ha,
I remember those days! I normally wear my speedo :yack except when the jellyfish are around then it is my lycra. 3mm is needed for late Nov/Dec through Feb. (at least for me, my buddy says I am a wimp and sticks with the lycra).

In about August it starts climbing. My log shows 2 months of dives over 29C with a couple weeks last year at 33C (not nice). This year it pretty much stayed at 29-30 to depths of 22 meters during the hot months-Near shore is damn unbearable though it is so hot, like a jacuzzi.

anton

Hi UK Spearo :D Never mind Anton, come summer and he's sat in the sun praying for cloud, rain, hell even an ice age ;) he'll think we are the lucky ones :D
Sigh
I do miss Doha sometimes :( I'm freezing!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT