• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New to free diving- from Atlanta, Georgia

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mandi Bell

Aug 9, 2016
I have been interested in free diving since college (a long time ago), but have never known anyone who does it or any place to do it. I have also been an infrequent SCUBA diver since college. It's hard to find the time and money to travel and SCUBA dive with 4 children!

I was a competitive swimmer for many years and now own and run an instructional swim school, coach swim team, and teach lifeguarding, CPR, and first aid.

Yesterday I had my first opportunity to try free diving! I went just over 30 meters and had no trouble. I think the diver I went with was a bit surprised. He said he's never had anyone here in Freeport, Bahamas dive that deep with him. I would love to find people in Atlanta to practice/train with and would like to find inexpensive opportunities to practice near home as well.

Welcome to Deeperblue! I recommend that you look at other Intro and Greets threads, or head over to the USA/Canada subforum and browse/post in there. Pretty sure we have some Atlanta folks on the forums.

Welcome to Deeperblue! I recommend that you look at other Intro and Greets threads, or head over to the USA/Canada subforum and browse/post in there. Pretty sure we have some Atlanta folks on the forums.

Thanks! Just landed in Miami. I will definitely take a look when I get home!

Hi, Mandi! I just moved to Atlanta, GA and am looking for someone who would be interested in training. I'm a certified as a beginning free diver with PFI and also am a SCUBA dive master. I can certainly show you some techniques I learned that allow for longer and safe breath holds. I haven't done a lot in a pool--mostly the ocean--. I'm aware it gets cold here and pools close so if you know of any pools that are still open and allow free diving I'm

Hi, Mandi! I just moved to Atlanta, GA and am looking for someone who would be interested in training. I'm a certified as a beginning free diver with PFI and also am a SCUBA dive master. I can certainly show you some techniques I learned that allow for longer and safe breath holds. I haven't done a lot in a pool--mostly the ocean--. I'm aware it gets cold here and pools close so if you know of any pools that are still open and allow free diving I'm

That would be great! I have access to a couple of pools.

Hi Mandi, welcome to DB. 30 m new diver is very good; you have talent.

If you can run him down. Laminar on this forum (Peter Scott) runs a swim technique school primarily for triatheletes, West Coast, but he runs camps in the Bahamas that you might be interested in. Outstanding diver(really outstanding), teacher and just a very nice guy, worth finding.

Connor

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT