• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New to Spearfishing and in Belize

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

LLangbeen

Oct 22, 2012
Hey I have just recently moved to Belize and I have been introduced to Spear fishing. I got a good deal on the Mako iconic pro railgun. I have some scuba fins and a free diving mask and snorkel. I don't have any gloves yet but after loading a shark-fin shaft from a gun I loaned from a friend I realize I definitely need some. Gloves obviously aren't hard to find so that should not be a problem. I have been getting a lot of advice from my friends down here but I think the more advice the better so anything that you think I should know or do so I can learn to freedive and spearfish let me know.
Thanks,
Luke

I'm in Belize. Where are you? There are fish here. I get lucky sometimes.

251237_4306520715225_1954169399_n_zps797ce149.jpg

DSC03928_zps14523e49.jpg

Last edited:
Check your private messages. I'm about 10 miles north of Dangriga. I hunt the reef from English Caye down to Gran Channel. I've hunted all around Placencia and used to do a lot of conch hunting when I lived in San Pedro back in 2000.
I helped build the Nova shrimp hatchery up at Bacolar Chico Marine Reserve. Did that boat trip at least 450 times.
I got both these fish in the last month and a half.....not to mention quite a few others.
We....my son and a few buddies, mainly hunt snappers. WE find dog snappers in schools. muttons and cuberas. Black grouper, yellow jack, cero mackerel....barracuda.
Lot of nice spots down here.

Yeah I have not been able to go out that many times since I have been here but I'm looking forward to trying my new gun when it gets here and getting better. How ling have you been spearfishing?

I've been spearing here for over 10 years. Started in Philippines in the 90s.

Here's a few we got in early August. My birthday snappers.
DSC03880_zps8910fac3.jpg

DSC00030_zpsdc50d445.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, nice fish. I'll be visiting Placencia the last week of this month (June 2013) and am wanting to spearfish with another person. Anyone willing to go out with me?

I have called you already and left message. My email: viktor718@yahoo.com. Belize is one of the perspective places for my living after my retirement (in 2 years). I am going to buy property over there and may be make business on water sport with you. What do you think?
Best regards
Viktor,
Brooklyn, NY

I have called you already and left message. My email: viktor718@yahoo.com. Belize is one of the perspective places for my living after my retirement (in 2 years). I am going to buy property over there and may be make business on water sport with you. What do you think?
Best regards
Viktor,
Brooklyn, NY

HI Viktor,

Sorry about the phone. I get lousy reception out here when the phone is charging in my house and I can't call international on that phone. I have your number and can call you from the office tomorrow. I also sent you an email. Looking forward to meeting you.

HI Viktor,

Sorry about the phone. I get lousy reception out here when the phone is charging in my house and I can't call international on that phone. I have your number and can call you from the office tomorrow. I also sent you an email. Looking forward to meeting you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT