• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New USA Men's Dynamic Record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

sturgeon

Feb 1, 2002
FYI,

There’s a new (pending) Aida USA men's dynamic record. Michael Antinori traveled 125 meters horizontally underwater this past Saturday to set the new USA record, beating the existing record of 118 meters. This is quite a feat for somebody who only started freediving a year and a half ago. As a side note, the previous weekend Mike hit 50 meters in CB while attending the latest PFD clinic in Miami.

I dive, train, and play underwater hockey with Mike. I've seen him come from barely being able to dive 60 feet to diving 165 feet in not much over a year. Mike is a great guy who has incredible determination and natural ability. His goal is to continue improving his skills and make the next USA World Team, which I believe now has a minimum depth qualification of 60 meters. There is no doubt in my mind that if he wants to, he will make it.

Scott

Reactions: JMD
Way to go Michael! I knew you had talent when I saw you do 100 meter dynamic in about 45 seconds!

I beat there will be more records coming.
don

Sounds like some one has been doing some serious training. Good to see some more competition. Congratulations Michael.
Aloha
Bill

Last edited:
That's great, Mike! Good luck with making the National Team and breaking many, many more records! Just don't forget us "little people" when you hit the big time rofl . Congrats!

Angelos

Congrats Mike - deepest bear is very impressed!

S

Thank you everyone for the warm congratulations. Compared to the World Record, 125M is a modest distance, however, it just means I have a lot more room to grow in the sport. Great diving everyone (including Deepest Bear).

Reactions: naiad
Congratulations Michael!

Although it saddens me to see the last remaining dynamic record leave Wyoming, records are meant to be broken. You deserve this record for your outstanding efforts.

Peace,
Glen

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT