• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW USERS: Read BEFORE posting!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

narked

Jul 10, 2002
In light of certain recent postings, I think it's time we make certain things clear in a post for people to read before they make any posts of their own.

This forum is full of many skilled, responsible, law abiding spearos. Posts showing off about spearing protected species, simply catching as many fish as you can for the sake of it, or anything similar, will not earn you respect here. So here's a few questions you should ask yourself before posting:
1) Am I about to tell people about how I've speared a protected species?
2) Am I about to tell people how I've just speared loads of fish that I'll never eat and killed just for the sake of doing it?
If you answer yes to either or both, save yourself a lot of bother and simply don't bother posting it. The replies you'll get will NOT be friendly. Also, if you answer yes to any of those, consider changing your ways. Irresponsible spearos cause all sorts of problems for the responsible men and women, so you're not only harming the fish and breaking the law.

If however, you answer no to both of these questions, and you ARE responsible, then welcome to the friendliest bunch of freedivers/spearos you're likely to find on the internet!

Thanks for reading all through this rant! Safe and responsible diving,
Matt

Last edited:
narked, i bet you had mary poppins as a nanny, didn't you?! :D

i'll second your motion....

if you are new and plan to join us here, please note that the deeperblue freedive hunting forum does welcome any and all people; spearos, freedivers, bubble blowers or just plain curious land mammals. ;) however, our community here has little tolerance and/or patience for anyone with small brain to ego ratios. keep it real and enjoy the forums. :cool:

andrsn

Reactions: narked
Just my opinion

I am new to this particular board, but not new to diving. I could not agree with you more about your views of such wasteful hunting. I dive in New England and here was are famous for our lobster. At one time I was interested in getting a license and doing some lobster diving with some friends. Before getting a license I went with some divers who were planning a lobster dive. ( All these divers had lobster licenses ). On the dive I watched as these divers destroyed the homes and disrupted the living area of countless marine organisms. They would perhaps find one legal size lobster for every 10 they dug out of the rocks. They would discard all the shorts as the law required, but the damage they were doing to the environment was just criminal in my mind. I choose not to get a lobster license. I now try to dive mostly in the states of Maine & New Hampshire, where it is illegal for divers to take game.

Reactions: narked
Hi guys,
I totally agree with you guys and I believe in the phrase"limit your catch, don't catch your limit". You should only spear fish of quality and only enough for a feed.
Safe Diving....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT