• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New Variable Weight Record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

skinch

Jul 6, 2004
NEW WORLD RECORD!!!

Pierre FROLLA just brake the VARIABLE WEIGHT Record!!

He make 123m in 3'30 ...

Congratulations to Pierrot and all his crew ...

Congratulations from me, too. :)
But I don't find any information with which organisation the record was done. I found nothing on the AIDA website.:confused: Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
Manuel Holler

Last edited:
respect to pierre, cann´t wait to train with him in a few days in monaco ...

but umberto did 131m (fipsas) and genoni 132m ...

and manuel is right, there was no aida-judge??!??

just got news from Fred Buyle ...

He was on Pierre's Record ... and there were AIDA Judges!!!!

so i think it closes the debate...

The record is a French record and the AIDA judges were both French. Unfortunately Pierre was too late with announcing the record to AIDA International to have it recognized as a world record. But fortunately AIDA France stepped in and has it recognized as a French record.

Congrats Pierre !
Well at least it's an AIDA national record that's more then the AIDA world record. ;)

Umberto had the surface footage of his 131m dive on the web a few years back. He definitely had samba, whole back arched and body shook. I think the rules for his record were like FREE, ie you just have to keep your airway out of the water and it's ok.

Cheers,
Wal

Originally posted by ChristianRedl
respect to pierre, cann´t wait to train with him in a few days in monaco ...
Really? Are you going to be there tomorrow, cause I am diving with him...! :D
Anyway if you are there tomorrow, my names Matt, and I have black hair

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT