• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New website AIDA Netherlands

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

glennv

hybrid lifeform
Nov 28, 2002
For info :

Some extreme lowlife who deservers nothing more than a permanent SWB has stolen the domain of the Dutch AIDA organisation (www.aidanl.org) with the idea of selling it back for 10.000 $

The AIDA Netherlands is now operating via the following domain: http://www.aida-nederland.org/

If you have the old link on your page or find it anywhere else , please update the link / spread the word.

Thanks.

Glenn Venghaus
AIDA NL member.

Hmm, did someone steal this domain too? http://www.aida-nederland.org/
does not work anymore either. Or is there no AIDA Netherlands anymore?

BTW, if you do not watch the expiry of your domain name, and do not read the notification emails from your registrar, you may want to purchase the domain name for 10 or 20 years. In this way you will avoid the yearly hassle, and will pay just something like $5 per year.

Funny, today I just tried visiting couple of AIDA websites, starting with the main international one, and then trying different national sites, but was rather disappointed after finding that almost none of them works. And those that work are terribly outdated and practically never actualized. There are some exceptions, but sadly they are rather rare.

It begins with the www.aida-international.org website - I could not access it already couple of weeks ago, and when I found it inaccessible today again, I wondered if it is dead since that time, or if the problems are just so frequent that one has to be really lucky to get in. Fortunately I remembered that AIDA-international was never capable to get their domain hosted on the same server as the actual website, and in fact all the content was served through redirects from some no-name mass host. After some research through web archives, I found the real location - it is at http://www.hotweb.se/aspportal1/code/page.asp?ObjectID=8&CountryID=4&actID=3

It is a real shame that such a big and renown organization is not able to get a proper hosting of their website, and uses just very amateurish redirects to some anonymous server - it really does not look serious at all (not speaking that currently it does not work at all).

So not only www.aida-netherlands.org and www.aidanl.org are gone, but also www.aida.sk (AIDA Slovakia), www.freediving.co.za (AIDA South Africa), www.aidasuisse.ch (AIDA Switzerland), www.aidausa.org (AIDA USA), www.aidavenezuela.com (AIDA Venezuela), and possibly others are completely dead. Many others moved to other domains, or joined with a local club or even a personal website, or it is impossible to find them. I did not find any list of national websites at AIDA-international, but there is one (rather outdated) at http://www3u.kagoya.net/~jas-apnea/aida/country.htm (AIDA Japan).

I understand that national AIDA branches are managed by non-professionals, who do not want to spent their time with maintaining a website, and usually have no experience with it - so it is not surprising that most AIDA nations have no functional website, but I wonder why the headquarters do not rent their proper server, where they could host all national websites too (even with their proper domain names). It would not only look more serious, but it would especially save a lot of work (and costs) to all the national committees, and enable having some information online also to those nations who currently have no website (most of them). Due to the sharing of hosting costs, it would be cheaper for all, and having it on the same server would make it easy to keep the same layout for all branches, hence saving on development and maintenance costs too.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT