• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New West Virginia Spearo

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Douglas Eaton

May 26, 2016
Greetings from West Virginia! I'm new to spearfishing and just getting geared up now for free diving / spearing the fresh waters of WV. It would be great to meet some WV spearos, share locations and stories, and maybe plan some trips together.

I'm down for any kind of fish. I called DNR and they said that any fish not listed on page 2 of the regs is a nongame fish and is OK to spear. I live near Sutton and Summersville, so I'm going to start there.

Hi Doug good to hear you are getting into spearing and diving,its one of the best hobbys you could ever do.Make sure you take time to get comfortable in the water with all the gear you will purchace,I remeber when I started spearing 25yreas ago,how uncomfortable I felt and it took some getting used to and then learning to be a good hunter,its all so fun when you learn,Don't forget to look into breathing tech to avoid black out,which is the first thing to look into and always stay well with in your limit.Good luckout there.

Reactions: Douglas Eaton
Hi Doug good to hear you are getting into spearing and diving,its one of the best hobbys you could ever do.Make sure you take time to get comfortable in the water with all the gear you will purchace,I remeber when I started spearing 25yreas ago,how uncomfortable I felt and it took some getting used to and then learning to be a good hunter,its all so fun when you learn,Don't forget to look into breathing tech to avoid black out,which is the first thing to look into and always stay well with in your limit.Good luckout there.

It works out fortunately that I'll have three weeks to get accustomed to the swimming gear before spearfishing season opens. In WV, it runs from July 1st - Sep 30th. I'll have to stare longingly at my new gun until then ;), but that gives me plenty of time to scout out some hunting spots and get comfortable with the diving part.

Reactions: Danny.c
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT