• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

New World Record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Snorkel Bum

Absolut Escargot
Mar 26, 2004
Yesterday, Loic Leferme, who last year broke the No-Limits record with -162 meters, dove to -171 meters in the No-Limit catergory at Villefranche-sur-mer...
Congrats to Loic!

Reactions: loopy
That's awesome, congrats to Loic!

....the race to 200m is on!

Andy

Was this with AIDA?

Hope he gets 200m, that should get the news media buzzing.

edit: Apparently the above comment was worthy of neg karma? Pity the giver didnt have the balls to give a reason, or sign it...:naughty

Last edited:
Reactions: Pezman
DeapestBear

Hey DeapestBear,
Did you dive with Loïc?
Sam told me you were going to Nice with Dave for the record. But I have not heard about you since.
Do you need a lift back to UK?
Let me know if so. I will go to Nice for Christmas
Bye.

First Congratulations for Loic

Second thanks to Majo for the video link.

Third, does anyone know how was the security system in that dive. I didn´t see many SCUBA guys. Neither a Counterballast system, but I notice a lanyard on loic wrist. Any info?

HI Frank,

I'll be interview Loic for an DB interview and asking about his safety system among other things...

Cheers,

Pete Scott
Vancouver, BC

I believe there was a line attached to his wrist and in case of any problems it would pull him back up to the surface... it was kind of explained in the video... ish

Hi Pete I´ll be waiting for the interview.

Hi Matt, my french is very bad, I just enjoy the images

Hehehe so is mine... it didnt really go into detail, it was VERY vague... they just said something was attached to his wrist and that it would pull him up to the surface in case of any problems... weird

BIG CONGRATS to Löic!!!

You are a big inspiration to all of us.

All my best wishes to you about many succeses to come.

Deepest...

Peter P

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT