• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

newbe need some tips

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
k heres a tip.. when u get to 3 mins, and you "think" you cant get past 3 mins, just dont exhale for a few more secs, your time barrier is a mental thing. every freediver has been there, and, there are no shortcuts to it.

Is this 3 minutes dry or wet?

I also agree with the mental block. I ran into one at 3:45... After I got past that I hit 5:07 :). These are dry times however, I have to work on my wet statics...

This is my dry time my wet is any were from 1:45 to 2:00 but i have only got to 2mins one time and that was hard for me

Hi Depthseeker
Pretty new to this myself, and agree with Sickbugs on the mental limit thing - when timing my PBs I try not to look at my watch until I think I can't hold any longer - and then add 5 seconds. It can get a bit uncomfy, but the next time you try it, you'll get to your old time OK, and then add a few more seconds.
Look up static tables on the forums, plenty of info out there. I've been doing a co2 table day 1, rest day 2, o2 table day 3, rest day 4, and kept on repeating this for a couple of months. It's a slow process, but over about 2 months I've gone from a PB of 2:45, up to 4:31 - a few seconds at a time. (I know these are not big numbers, but I'm pleased with the results!) By the way, I'm training dry, sitting down, and hungry (which helps a lot I find).
Also doing apnea walks at the gym on a treadmill - constantly walking at 5kmh, starting at a 10 sec hold, breathe for 1:30, then hold for 15 sec, breathe for 1:30, 20sec hold etc, up to (for the moment anyway!) a max 45 sec hold - big lactic acid build up in my lower legs at this point! Best to let someone at the gym know what you're doing too!
All this has made my pool work (with a spotter of course) feel a lot more comfortable.
Hope this is of some help in beating the 3:00 mark.
Ady

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT