• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Newbie brag

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

FreeFloat

Underwater Tourist
Jun 5, 2003
Yesterday I did my very first pool training session with a group of freedivers that I know from the Internet but hadn't managed to tee up with very often in real life.

I learned to do a static breathhold - and ended up with a new PB! My top time now is 2:08. Certainly not Guinness Book of Records stuff, but considering how new & inexperienced I am, it's quite an accomplishment for me!

Actually my three attempts were 1:45, 2:08 and 2:01. The last one I was supposed to be shooting for 3 min but I lost my mask during breathe-ups and wasted too much energy putting it on again.

Just thought I'd share.

(Mods: you can move this if it's in the wrong place)

Reactions: Adrian
Nicely done Freefloat!

I remember the first time I managed to do a reasonable static over 1:30. I just couldn’t believe it, the feeling of deep personal satisfaction was huge even though the actual time was very modest. Each new milestone was just as satisfying, so enjoy them because they get more and more difficult to get:)

The same goes for CW depths or dynamic distances. Each little step is well worth the effort you put in. I guess that’s one of the many reasons I love freediving so much – it’s just so damn rewarding on so many levels.

Ash

Well done Freefloat! What she wasn't telling is that she set that PB on her birthday as well!

Happy birthday, and keep practicing! The ice will melt and we'll be back diving in Kingstion again!

Aaron

Yeah, now that I've busted down my one big hurdle, that of equalizaton, I can work on the breath-hold part of it.

Aaron when you come down to Kingston next we'll both be spending lots of time on those wrecks!

Hi there! Remember me? LOL Anyways, I am excited to hear about your progress!

Update:

Messing around in the pool with a good friend of mine, I decided to see how far I could swim with just fins and mask on - although the pool is too small for a true dynamic I can say I held my breath for 53 seconds while finning!

I'm impressed with myself! My times were 49 sec, 53 sec, then 51 sec.

Hey Brianna! How's life in the praries? You'll have to see if you can make it to the Toronto area this summer! We'll have lots of freediving over the summer. It'll beat the Lawson pool anyway!

Freefloat, way to go!

Aaron

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT