• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Newbie - Cressi Gara 2000LD

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Thanks for the confinidence and choice for a 'good spare' of descent fins. They are my list for my birthday.:D

Newbie here jumpin' in the middle of things. I've got a question I hope some of you can help me with.

I'm looking at buying my first pair of freedining fins, and the info I've been reading seems to consistently suggest that I start with a comfortable set of foot pockets. I need a pocket that isn't really narrow as I have a wider than normal foot. Also I would like a pocket that will allow me to change blades as my legs get better adapted. To this point I've been using a pair of Scubapro twin jet full foot, and really am loooking forward to using freediving fins.

As far as the blades are concerned, what ,if any hardware is needed with any suggested foot pockets. I've seen some pockets and blades that i"m interested in at the deeperblue store but haven't noticed any thing about hardware needed to install/chage bades.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Aubie

Aubie:

Look at Omer's line of freediving fins for your situation concerning the 'foot pocket.' Picasso's fins are good too. Gara fins are right up there for you to compare "apples with apples."

Look at these sites and any info from the forums should put you on the right track to getting what you are lloking for and what you 'really'need for you purpose.

Site: www.omerdiving.com
www.picassoamerica.com

Good luck!:cool:

Mastoras:

Thanks for the reply. I'm off to look at the two sites now. My guess is the "right" fit can only be determined through trying the pocket itself, but it seems I've read where some of the pockets tend to be narrower than others(Italian manufacturers). Can you verify this, or is this just maybe an isolated opinion? I don't want to get bogged down in the minutiae, just eliminate as many variables as possible:confused:

Thanks again

hi

Go with Omers they have a lot of different blades and an awsome foot pocket.

cheers

Thanks for the note Ivan. Well that's two recs for Omer, so I think I'll start there. Any suggestions for medium stiffness fins, including other manufacturers', that work with milleniums?

hi

I went for the millenium comps first go and havent turned back nice stiff fin, however when Omer fix up there ice fins they will be the ticket.

cheers

hi

I got mine at a spearing shop in Brisbane they were around $220 Oz so probably $110 US but someone in the Us should be able to help you more.

cheers

Thanks Mastoras (and others), I'll check the site out. I like that you can change blades on the OMERs as needed. The only problem is that they weren't very comfortable. Maybe I'll try some booties/socks with OMER.

As far as equipment for "pure" freediving or spearing...your need and performance expectations dictate what you should put your hard earned dinero towards. :)

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT