• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Newbie from Norway

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

paali90

Sep 18, 2007
Hello!
My name is Pål Herman Haferkamp. I live in a city called Stavanger (west Norway) I'm a 17 year old student, living away from home. I'm actually a farmers sonrofl
I have spearfished for several years, but then only in the summermonths, but recently i bought a "omer new med mimetic 6,5mm" so from now on, its also winter spearfishing:inlove I am currently a member of the spearfishinclub "Nordic Freedivers". A sperfishing club for scandinavia.

I'm attaching a picture of my biggest fish so far in my career as a spearfisher:t

That was everything for now:)
Regards Pål Herman

Attachments

• Meg og piggvaren 1024-768.jpg
    Meg og piggvaren 1024-768.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 151
Hello Pal:

I live in the states & came upon your post a few minutes ago & thought i would comment on your nice looking fish that you speard. Was wondering where & how deep you were diving when you speard it?

You can't go wrong with purchasing your new Omer mimetic freediving wetsuit. The 6.5 mm is a very warm winter suit. I can imagine that in Norway it gets extreamly cold there.

I have a Elios & were i live it gets pretty cold & sometimes i can get away using a 5 mm but a 7.mm would be better for the winter months.

Anyway good luck to you Pal:

sam

thanks:) I speared it where my parents live (Ryfylke) on sand bottom, around 7-10 m deep. (i guess:p)

Yes, its just killing me that i ordered it from Denemark, takes ages with mail:S It can get around 0 celsius degrees here in the vinter. I was wondering about elios too, but got a little afraid of the long waiting. Read i forum somone waited up to 8 months!:S then it would be summer again;)

Good luck to you 2 pal!;)

Pål.

Hei Pål,

Welcome aboard! I'm just the other side of Boknafjorden from You... Sweet Piggvar Ya got there!

Last edited:
Hei!
Thanks! Do you live in Rennesøy? Karmøy? Where do you normally dive? (if its no seecret^^) Dosent know many places here in stavanger yet:)

Regards Pål;)

I live in Tysvær and usually dive locally in førlandsfjorden... I should dive other spots more.
I'm not too familiar with Stavanger either but there might be some info on the dive location thing on frivannsliv

ok. not too much info on frivannsliv about diving locations.. Its almost my bibel when it comes to spearfishing gennerally tough:D It is alot of info about spots on dykkesiden.com if you are interested. Go into the "fridykking og uv jakt forum" everything is on norwegian tough. ^^

Regards Pål

There is just a little on the sikt og fangst kart.
I occasionally browse dykkesiden also... Jeg kan forstår skriftlig norsk. (feel free to correct My bad Norwegian anytime lol)

Ok. Your Norwegian is not bad at all. Where do you acyually come from?
Regards pål.

I'm from Scotland originally, lived in England and Thailand for some years and Now Norway is home.

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT