• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Newbie in southern California

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Adam lov

Sep 2, 2017
Hi guys just started trying out spearfishing, first time I tried it was in Hawaii. I figured why not try it there where the waters clear. I ended up loving it. Now I'm back in socal and trying to figure out how to go about doing it here. I just have a 110 mares gun to start and some decent goggles and snorkel, I haven't bought a wetsuit yet but will once I need to. Anyone in socal that has any tips for the area? Pm me if you like or text 949-350-0348

Hi Adam, I'm new to freediving in LA. You should check out "Adam Freediver" you tube channel. He has a great video on wetsuits for freediving. In colder weather I read recently that redondobeach guys were cold in a 3mm suite but that 5mm was fine just a few days ago. I have a 5 mm but for summer I might preffer to have a lighter suit or even a two piece free diving suit with a hood to cut down on the bouyancy.

PCH Scuba does freediving training. They teach it up in Sylmar for the inland pool portions.

Best,

Nick

Hi Adam, I'm new to freediving in LA. You should check out "Adam Freediver" you tube channel. He has a great video on wetsuits for freediving. In colder weather I read recently that redondobeach guys were cold in a 3mm suite but that 5mm was fine just a few days ago. I have a 5 mm but for summer I might preffer to have a lighter suit or even a two piece free diving suit with a hood to cut down on the bouyancy.

PCH Scuba does freediving training. They teach it up in Sylmar for the inland pool portions.

Best,

Nick
Thanks nick,
I havent taken a freediving course yet, but I have bought a 5mm wetsuit and a lot of other gear and now have 3 guns and a kayak lol. Its so easy to accumulate gear, especially with the internet and spearamaerica. If you havent been there do it, theres one in irvine and one in torrence. that is where I bought a lot of stuff from. Thanks for the tips

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT