• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Newbie - London UK

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

axemanzack

Feb 25, 2015
Hi all!

My names Zack! Im from London UK.. totally new to the game and am keen to get in the water!
Am looking for dive buddies in the UK, the closer the better.. but i domt really care where.. me and my motor are not affraid of laying down some rubber!
Ive only very recently started getting into Spearfishing and have zero experience.. hence why im looking for buddies to go have a splash about with.. help and guidance about kit would be great too!!
im up for weekend camping near some good spots and even the odd longer trip.. i have a big old 4x4 which is more than capable of carrying a good few bods and kit!
So mabey some of the more experienced divers out there wouldnt mind swapping a free lift for the burden of a tag along whos gonna pick your brains for the day..

Any help is welcome!

Thanks all and dive safe!

Zack

Hi Zack, welcome to the forum although it is a bit quiet in the UK at this time of year!

Hi Zack,
There are several spearo forum members in & around London. The International Club seems popular with London spearos. As Foxfish suggests things haven't really kicked off for most folk here yet this season. Depending on the weather & your keenness, I reckon April is about as early as I would bother going in these days. And usually it gets better later (say June-November?). There are always a few exceptions though - they'll be a few spearos keen to get the first big bass of the season :).

Check out the regional part of the forum (UK & Ireland), perhaps the Dorset/Sussex/Devon/Cornwall/Wales/Guernsey threads?
Also the beginner area.

BTW AxeMan? Are you a guitarist, bushcrafter or ....

Hi Mr X

Thanks for the reply!
Yh ill check them out! Hopefully I can find some local bods to tag along with..
Id head out tomorrow if I could!
Im soo eager to get in the water its unreal.. having said that.. obviously I want the best results and to at least 'have a shot' at something...
Im an Arborist by trade.. (Tree Surgeon) hence the 'Axeman'.... these days i have to carry my axe about or people think im just another yuppie dooch with a beard and 'lumberjack' shirt.. ahah

Zack

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT