• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Newbie looking for gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pisces

Dec 12, 2006
Hi everyone ,I'm new here at the forum and looking at buying my first speargun , which will probably be used mostly in the UK, but as i do like to travel, I will probably lug it around to most destinations (Med., South Africa, Dubai - to name a few). I'm currently looking at getting either the Omer Caymen HF-90 , or the Omer Excalliber 3000 - 90, but can't make up my mind. As I am pretty new to spearfishing ,I was wondering if anyone has any input or advice, as they seem to be quite different in design. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there. Just another question to all spearos. Does anyone know if and where one can find any Rob Allen spearguns in the UK?
Cheers.

Im new aswell, but i guess there must be many threads concerning guns and other stuff in other sections, is it really the right place ? :p

not sure, but thanks for the advice. I will try to move this over to somewhere in the spearfishing threads. Maybe someone will know something there.

Yes as foxfish said, our friend Dave at spearo.co.uk has a nice stock. He sells Rabitech, but I guess he'll tell you that Seatec are better for hunting in England.
Indeed if I were in your shoes I'd give a serious look to the Seatec Gabbiano 90. It's probably the best european made speargun in the intermediate price range: it's more solid and accurate than any other.
The Omer you mentioned (Cayman HF and Excalibur 3000) are really good, but for hunting bass and mullet in Uk, If I were to pick an Omer gun, I'd prefer the Omer XXV Gold: maybe it's less accurate on long shots, but it's very lightweight and quick, deadly effective for hunting in murky waters with short visibility.

hey hey, great website to spearo foxfish, and I'll look into the omer gold too.
Thanks guys.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT