• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Newbie needs help with equiptment etc.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Bindlestitch

Dec 18, 2002
Hi guys! I found this great site while trying my best to learn about free diving. My wife and I are wanting to take a crack at it and I was wondering if some of you kind folks could steer us in the right direction.
We have never done it before so we are really really green. Any advice on saftey and equiptment would be much appreciated.
Where I live in land locked Missouri, I'll have to dive in the local lakes with low visiblity so any helpful hints on that would be appreciated also.
Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to starting my free diving career :) . Can't wait till summer now. And I look forward to visting this forum and learning from the wealth of expierence you guys bring to the table.

As far as equipment goes, try the search feature near the top right of the toolbar...plus you will get everyones opinion on this thread. I find the search highly effective though as most general questions are easily answered this way. Welcome to the deeperblue!

Welcome Bindle,

Nice to see another lake-dipping mid-westerner representing :cool:. Heed the words of the man from the bulldog state ;). Many good things have come out of that land, including our MVP quarterback :king. Type in the any key words (eg. low-volume mask, snorkel, fins, beginner, etc) and start reading. You might also want to check out the Terry Maas site www.freedive.net. He wrote a pretty good starter book called "Freedive", and also has some good intro videos.

Regards,
Ted

Thanks guys! I'll definatley try the search suggestion tonight when I get home from work. Like a moron I'd never even thought of that route.:duh
Unirdna, it's great to see another mid westerner. I'd hoped I wasn't the only landlocked person on this board with delusions of freediving.:)

Whoa there Uni...the Bulldog state? Brett is a Southern Miss alumni, i.e. The Golden Eagles!!!!!!!:cool: I live about 10 minutes from his home...Go USM!

Hehehe, my error rig. Since you guys don't have a pro team down there, you must root for GB eh :)?

Being less than an hour from New Orleans, we have mostly saints fans but still a large packers contingent...I on the other hand, born and raised in St. Pete Fl., am pro buc's all the way!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT