• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

News about Herbert Nitsch his attempts

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Jorg

Sharkbait
Nov 15, 2001
Okay, after some searching on the internet, here's some (not so positive) news about Herbert. Sorry for the bad english but it's spanish text translated by my pc...

10/07/2002
Nitsch could not break the record of the world of static apnea in Tenerife

EFE, The Silos
The Austrian Herbert Nitsch was not able yesterday to settle down a new record of the world in the specialty of static apnea, at the moment fixed to 8,6 minutes, when obtaining in afternoon of yesterday in a swimming pool of the Silos (Tenerife) an immersion of only 6.17 minutes by the bad conditions of the climate.

According to the organization informed into the test, the Austrian had to confront bad meteorological conditions, with unpleasant time and wind, reason why she had to stop to beat plusmarca world-wide, which will try again in the today day.

Herbert Nitsch, nicknamed "flying fish" by its companions in the world of the apnea, the doors yesterday breaking the record of the world in their first attempt were had left in the morning of, with individual immersions of 7.15 and 7.20 minutes.

Nitsch will today try to surpass the best registry in the modality of constant weight, that is to say, to descend in the sea to free lung more than 86 meters.

11/07/2002
A technical shade prevented the record of Nitsch
The Austrian apneísta covered the distance with 92 meters without no problem, but already in the surface it forgot to make the forced gesture of OK to the judges, because by moments there was lost the control of his extremities.

The fort wind and the surge did not favor either in anything to develops it that efe made Herbert Nistch in waters of Radazul./

The Austrian Herbert Nitsch managed yesterday to submerge in the sea to 92 meters of depth to free lung, with which he surpassed the 86 in which the world-wide record is registered, but the mark is not official because when reaching the surface was not able to signal pertinent to the judges.

Herbert Nitsch, that made the putsch in the neighborhoods of the port of Radazul, descended until the 92 meters and covered the same distance in ascending direction without problems, but when leaving the water it suffered a loss of control of his extremities, which knows like "samba" or "myoclonus".

Since requisite the signal of OK to the judges with the fingers in an interval of between 5 and 10 seconds after arriving at the surface is forced, and that Nitsch was lost momentarily the control of its extremities, the mark does not have official character and therefore the world-wide record follows in 86 meters.

The vice-president of the Valencian Federation of Subaqueous Activities and European representative of "Safer", company certifier of records in this discipline, Juan Llantana, informed that they negatively influenced the bad meteorological conditions that took place at the moment of the test. Juan Llantana commented that Nitsch has been able to descend until the 96 meters in the same point in which tried it yesterday, but was sorry that the fort wind and surge has appeared in the environs of the port of Radazul indeed in the development of the official test.

In spite of the disadvantages, Herbert Nitsch does not surrender and confirmed that it will return it to try. So far its immediate objective is to exceed the registry that shows in the modality of static apnea. The chosen place, the Silos.

Good Luck!

Good luck today, Herbert! Hope you will get static with a good time!

hi

Either way those are some deep dives and long statics what an awsome freediver I would rank him number 1 in the world when it comes to constant, static dynamic with fins and dynamic without fins. good luck Herb

cheers

Soon enough?

On 27th and 28th of July Herbert already tries again in Austria!

Why do you know about that new record attampts on 27, 28 July (dammit on July 27 I'm on my way to Ibiza, I'd like to watch the attampts)

Another question to you, Jorg. I read your biography and I'm very impressed, I mean president of AIDA neth., Coach of the national team, wow.
You're age 26 since yesterday (happy birthday), just 5 years older than me, how did you do all that things.
And what are your personal records, cause I'd like to know at which level I am for may age.

see you

AIDA announces all the worldrecord attempts at their website at: http://membres.lycos.fr/aidafrance/AIDA/annonces_records.html
That's how I know :D

For the other question about how I do all those things... I just do :duh I just love freediving and I wanted to share this feeling with a lot of other people in the Netherlands. That's why I started AIDA Netherlands. And after this everything went running... Too bad that with all the work for AIDA I don't have much time to train myself, when I'm in the water I'm always coaching or training other people. My bests are: static 4:10, constant 33mtr, free 38 mtr, no limits 40 mtr. But I hope to do much beter end of this year, because I 'delegated' some tasks to other members:D

Hi Jorg!

I think there is something wrong on this page. Herbert was never trying No Limits or Variable.
The second thing is that he can't reach those dephts in a lake.
Herbert was doing "only" 72m during austrian championship in may I think.
The third thing is how is he going to do No Limits of 165m (sounds a bit grazy) in a lake which is only 141m deep.

So I ask Dieter Baumann ( think you know him), to take a look at this page. If I'm knowing more about those things I let you know.

Yours Mad Max.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT