• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Close Call for Renowned Underwater Photographer Fred Buyle

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Jesus that's terrible, Fred's a lucky man.

Bastards like those in the boat ought to be hung, drawn and quartered - you wouldn't behave like that in a car so why in a boat???

Glad to hear Fred's in good spirits though, wishing him a speedy recovery.

Cheers,
Ben

OMG, thankfully Fred's ok. I witnessed someone go into a prop and survive once, and it still chills my bones.

When I read the title of the email sent to me with this, it said "news about Fred Buyle", jeez i almost didn't want to open it :( a very lucky near miss for Fred. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Many thanks to Michele for keeping us updated on this.

I was also glad the title made it clear Fred has survived - how terrifying and I guess, painful. All the best for a speedy recovery Fred.

what a shocker to read.....

Fred all the best in recovering quickly and hope you will be able to be in the blue soon.

... <there are no words for the :ban in that boat>

Grtzzzz Pim

I wish Fred a complete and speedy recovery. An amazing story.

Its Fred 'nine lives' Buyle!!

Good luck buddy :)

Dear Fred,

Thank god you are still with us. Hope you recover completely soon and that the fu(&%^%&ers who did this die a painfull death and burn in hell for eternity.

Love and all the best from the whole Apnea Team Amsterdam.

Shocking! I have no words, just wishing fast recovery and minimal after-injury damage. Sara, do you have any information whether the boat was identified and the pilot caught? Was it in French Polynesia, in another territory, or in international waters? Hope they get him and that he will get a serious and an exemplary punishment. And I hope very much that it will be publicized a lot, and that it helps improving the awareness among boat pilots of the risk of such reckless behavior. I hope very much that Fred will use his media contacts to push the story on air as much as possible.

Jeez, that´s some serious damage. Hopefully there´s no long-term injuries.

Get well Fred!

Can't say anymore than everyone else, Fred's photo's is one of the things that first drew me to this sport! Very lucky man. I hope we can have some updates as to what will happen ref the driver.

Chris

I wish You fast recovery.

You went thru a lot of pain and very though experience but in the end there is a HAPPY END and that's what I am happy for.

best wishes for a speedy recovery fred your gaurdian angel was watching over you to get away with those wounds.

It's the sharks that are supposed to bite, not the boats. Just goes to show that humans are still the most dangerous species around. I hope Fred recovers quickly and is back in the water in no time!

shocked ! they just left him there to die... hope they get caught.
Maybe Fred can get some help from his friend's the sharks :)

wish u a speedy recovery !

Any clue on the boat pilot? Maybe we can use the forum network to locate the bastard and dislocate some of his joints. :martial:martial:martialWe also have some irresponsible arrogant group of jet skier here that deliberately harass swimmers and ignore dive buoy. I almost got hit once when surfacing,lucky for me i got a few extra seconds of air that i spare just in case i needed it coz i have no dive buddy.

Wish you a full and fast recovery!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT