• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Frederic Sessa sets new Dynamic Apnea World Record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
Frederic Sessa, from France, set a new World Record in Dynamic Apnea whilst competing in the 2010 AIDA Freediving World Championships in Okinawa Japan. He completed a 255m swim underwater in 2min 37sec. ...

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.com News Item...

There has been surprisingly little fuss made on here about this record - barely a mention. This is odd, since I reckon it's a big achievement that's just as significant as the other WRs set recently in CNF, CWT, FIM etc. A WR from a relatively new freediver, done at a pace most of us couldn't match. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Hi Dave,

I managed to find the link to the live video feed just before Will Trubridge's dynamic - I ended up being about 3 hours late for a previous engagement as I was glued to the laptop.

There were a few of us online chatting while we watched many of the top competitors go, our updates from the commentary team were coming about a minute or so after the live action - but the excitement peaked about a minute before Fred's dive when we were told that the previous French diver had received a DQ and therefore the French team were out of contention, and Fred was going to go for the WR there and then. The tension was crazy because we couldn't hear anything and there were no written updates because everyone was following along the pool. We could see him turn at 100, 200 and realised he was going damn fast, and after we suspected he must have come up there was an awkward silence for a bit then we could hear a huge cheer despite the camera being underwater and 50m away from where the crowd was. It was just about as exciting as an event gets and it certainly didn't feel like I was in cold Brisbane wrapped in a blanket!

Hat's off to Fred for a monumental dive in a team competition environment which is a rare thing indeed. I'd like to see what he can do when he decides to attempt a WR more than a minute before OT!

Cheers,
Ben

@Dave: actually there has been almost no comments, feedback, information from the TWC as a whole. Also DB in general is much quieter at this time, peak of summer in europe.

About the record: the 250m has been under attack for quite some time, and when some guys :) manage 200+ DNF nobody had any doubts it would fall soon. In fact, I hear of amazing numbers in training. Frederic Sessa deserves a big big applause of course, and I am sure we'll see more from him. Perhaps later this October in Lignano, where he set the CMAS record 2 years ago with an amazing swim: no neckweight, swimming like a torpedo, and he had been doing freestyle lapses until one minute before OT. In fact due to some problem with official timing he was still putting on his fin few seconds before OT and they gave him an extra minute which is not exactly the best way to prepare for a WR. Impressive.

But when shall we see you challenging that, Dave? :)

...and maybe one more try in october in Lignano, Dave, why not?
it would be nice to have you with us

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT