• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

News From Picasso

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shaneshac

FIN TRASHER
Oct 8, 2002
I was having a chat to Alessandro Picasso last night and discussing a problem which I used to have with my Century Trigger Mech.

Picasso will soon be selling their guns with a choice of 3 diferrent springs for the trigger mech. This will allow you to set the mech up depnding upon the band power used. The springs will be either soft, Med or Hard and will allow the safe use of double bands.

They used a med spring on my gun and I am using shortened 20mm bands with no problems.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

What are your thoughts????

Sounds good, though IMO one spring (the one with the max loading capacity) would do the job. You may buy a 100cm gun with one 19mm-22mm sling and later change to double or triple 16mm or 17,5mm bands. What will you do then? Change the spring? I don't think that this is very convenient.
I am using a Demka trigger Mech and I have solved my problems. I use it with single 17,5mm, 19mm, 20mm, 22mm or double and triple 16mm bands with the same ease and safety. Friends of mine use the same mech with double 19mm-20mm bands and in some wooden guns even with four 16mm bands.
Tough as hell and with a very smooth trigger!

I understand and agree with your point Galadion but..........

What if you are only using 16mm bands and a 6mm shaft for small Sargos or Red Mullet?

The soft spring would give you a much more sensitive trigger which would improve accuracy.

That is the thinking behind this.

You may have a point there mate.
On the other hand IMO the softness of the trigger spring would be a matter concerning guns of max 90cm. The need for more band load would occur to guns from 100cm and above. With such a gun it would be unwise for any speargun manufacturer to use soft trigger spring because they are built for bigger game and thus there is need for heavier band load.
However for use in a very specific location I have a 100cm gun with double 14,5mm bands and a light spear (also with Demka mech). Maybe that soft spring of Picasso would do nicely!
Darn those Med fish!! Why are they always so fast and nervous!!!??

Shaca- next time you're tipping a Campari and soda with Allesandro, ask him why he chose to reduce his North American sales by letting Roger jack the prices up to ridiculous levels all under the banner of the exchange rate.
And if he needs a legitimate rep that will service the shops.

And I'm only half kidding. skoal.

Consider it done Sven,

I will ask him. Would you be the shop service guy?

He is awaiting some Tuna meat from me so I will have to speak to him again. Hopefully very soon ;)

Originally posted by icarus pacific
Shaca- next time you're tipping a Campari and soda with Allesandro, ask him why he chose to reduce his North American sales by letting Roger jack the prices up to ridiculous levels all under the banner of the exchange rate.
And if he needs a legitimate rep that will service the shops.

And I'm only half kidding. skoal.

Hear! hear!!!:vangry

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT