• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] Herbert Nitsch gains new world record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
AIDA has announced that Herbert Nitsch also did a new world record in the Constant Weight without fins category, in Dahab yesterday. Mr. Nitsch reached 83 metres which is one more metre than the record held by New Zealander William Trubridge. Deeperblue....

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item...

Congradulations Herbert! I'm very intrested to see your performances in Sharm!
Until Thursday,

Kars

I've read in Naslund webpage that Herbert didn't want to pay the antidoping test, so if that's true, there's no new world record :-(

I've read in Naslund webpage that Herbert didn't want to pay the antidoping test, so if that's true, there's no new world record :-(
I guess we'll se one or two records in Sharm, when the tests are paid for :t

jeez don't start guys, congratulate the man, be happy, it's been a BRILLIANT week for freediving as a sport... let's keep the positivity! :)

I'm not sure if it's allowable or not but perhaps Herbert is thinking of doing the following:

* Not pay for the Dope Test but give a sample anyway.
* Wait until the World Championships and try to better his results and get a world record (or 2)
* If he gets a world record, then he gets a free dope test, therefore doesn't matter about the first comp. If he doesn't get a world record, then he pays for the dope test for the Triple Depth sample and has that WR approved.

Would anyone more learned in the ways of the dope test know if this would be a possible route?

Cheers,
Ben

Reactions: island_sands
Sin malicia, Sara...era solo un detalle :)) nunca se me ocurriria deprimir el buen estado de animo general de la comunidad :)

Don't forget that both Wills will be in Sharm, so he may pay the test and his record could last only one week, Herbert is a very smart guy, there are several reasons for not paying it...Sad that Martin won't be there

Sin malicia, Sara...era solo un detalle :)) nunca se me ocurriria deprimir el buen estado de animo general de la comunidad :)

Don't forget that both Wills will be in Sharm, so he may pay the test and his record could last only one week, Herbert is a very smart guy, there are several reasons for not paying it...Sad that Martin won't be there

Nada tio, solo no quiero que empiezan mas discusiones sobre drogas, AIDA, reglas, falta de reglas, si lo merece o no, que si lo toco o no, se tenia un mili-secundo de lmc, ya sabes....... joder no paran.... :)

I might come to Argentina next year. I havent been since 1987 and really need to see my friends there. Will let you know :)

He paid.
On the meeting the night before he said he did not need a bottom camera and he was happy with a 83 meter austrian record.

After Sara, fimteam, and organization worked hard to get a bottom camera for the last day aswell - I guess Herbert found it a good idea to pay the money since his dive was on the bottom camera and thus possible to validate.

Sebastian
Freediving news from f.biz

After Sara, fimteam, and organization worked hard to get a bottom camera for the last day aswell - I guess Herbert found it a good idea to pay the money since his dive was on the bottom camera and thus possible to validate.
Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean, Sebastian. Is a bottom camera really needed for validation of a WR? As far as I remember from the discussion about WR rules at Martin's 83m dive, only the tag is mandatory. Bottom camera does not replace the necessity of the tag. Or am I wrong?

Congrats to Herbert! Amazing dive.

Sorry, but I do not understand what you mean, Sebastian. Is a bottom camera really needed for validation of a WR? As far as I remember from the discussion about WR rules at Martin's 83m dive, only the tag is mandatory. Bottom camera does not replace the necessity of the tag. Or am I wrong?
In CWT and CNF there has to be bottom camera and a tag. And I think that the deeper national records should start demanding some witnessing at the bottom (trimix or camera) it is too easy to cheat on some lines. Herbert pulled on is 70 dive and the judges did not feel it - it was a safetydiver that was deeper than usual that saw it. Herbert wanted to test the organisation. Probably his way of having fun on his rest day before CNF.

Sebastian

Ha! I love a guy that can swim down 70m, then swim back 30m and decide to test the judges while he's down there. He probably took a copy of the rules down there with him, stopped at 50m, read them and decided which rule he was going to test....

Nada tio, solo no quiero que empiezan mas discusiones sobre drogas, AIDA, reglas, falta de reglas, si lo merece o no, que si lo toco o no, se tenia un mili-secundo de lmc, ya sabes....... joder no paran.... :)

I might come to Argentina next year. I havent been since 1987 and really need to see my friends there. Will let you know :)

Chile is just 2 hours away over the Andes ;) Come on over!

I was there when he broke the record and could say that he did it pretty easily.
Congratulations Herbert!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT