• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

[News] New World Freediving Record

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

DeeperBlue.com

DeeperBlue.com Editorial
Apr 7, 2006
On Sunday 11th of November, Anders Larsson together with his team membersof Freediving Team Åland, set a new World Record in DNFNA (DNF No Arms).The new record is 120 meters, which is 6 meters longer than the previousrecord, performed by the wellkno...

This is an news discussion thread for discussing the following DeeperBlue.net News item:

Click here for original DeeperBlue.net News Item...

Heh, congratulations Anders!

I think you swim faster in that video than me with a monofin. Very cool!

Impressive yes, but what were those two things next to his head sticking out in front of him??

I think we have quite clearly got another world record in doubt after reviewing video evidence, i am sure he took his arms with him. Is that allowed under AIDA regulation 654.2 b ammendment three??

I know 654.2 a allowed it but rules are rules!!

;-)

Only joking of course, well done.

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
Congratulations! Now, ladies, when do we take up the challenge?

I'd still like to see no arms and no legs.

Think of on octopus :)

Although this is an impressive distance it should be pointed out that this is not an AIDA world record as there is no category for for DNF No Arms. The press release imlpies that because an AIDA Judge officiated that the record is an official AIDA world record. This is incorrect.
Any way I'm now in trainong for DNF NA NL (no arms or legs) and my attempt is being sponsored by a large baked bean company :)

Matt,

Indeed - the PR indicated as such and the news item has now been changed to reflect it isn't an AIDA record.

Fabio Isoli March 25, 2006 in Milan during a competition of Italian FIPSAS dynamic without fins reached a distance mt 133.38 swimming with the sole propulsion leg (DNF No Arms).

I'd still like to see no arms and no legs.
Well, the US national DNF record of 125m of Wess Lapp comes damn close to it. Check out this thread http://forums.deeperblue.net/genera...new-us-freediving-record-dynamic-no-fins.html

15781d1192564928t-news-new-us-freediving-record-dynamic-no-fins-wes1.jpg

Evita the trophy in Dubai is yours ;)

Thanks, how many trophies have you got?

I claim the world records for DYNNP (dynamic no packing - 168 meters), DNFNP (dynamic no fins no packing - 118 meters) and possibly also STANP (static no packing - 5:35, though I'm guessing others have done more. But let them prove it).

:t

Hehe Eva,

No packing sounds intresting ;) I just quit packing for deep diving, but still need to work on relearning the proper breath in order to have a real nice full breath.

Doing FRC is still out of my view, ahead of my current 'level'.
Anyway I'll contiou searching, learning and sharing.

Love, Courage and water,

Kars

Thanks, how many trophies have you got?

I claim the world records for DYNNP (dynamic no packing - 168 meters), DNFNP (dynamic no fins no packing - 118 meters) and possibly also STANP (static no packing - 5:35, though I'm guessing others have done more. But let them prove it).

:t

None! rofl That's why I am saying the Dubai one will be yours ;) We are hoping to do a static and pool event, I have been offered a great location to do it - will keep you informed. xx

Those records above though arent AIDA, but it doesnt matter, as it is taking time to get AIDA registered here and it might not be an AIDA comp, just a local comp :D

he, he, Anders.... well done! nice swim! but how about your regular DNF? have you beat me again or am I still that meter ahead of you? should I start training again? :)
miha

Go Anders, go! Even with arms your 2.5 circles per pool are very impressive. As mentioned above - next step for everybody is neither arms nor legs (brain powered teleportation).
Same as car turning champs we can do e.g. Gara-3000 Challenge DYN or Falcon-80 DYN. Are any makers of dive equipment have interest? ;-)

I just don't get the "invent a record" mentality. If honours are what someone seeks, then at least compete in something recognised to warrant claiming them.

Relax, I am sure this was just for fun (something to spice up the training :)). And besides it is probably quite useful to perfect the technique of the legs. Miha

Yep Miha, to perfect the technique of the legs and the rest of the DNF preformance. Prof of that is that Anders this weekend in the Viking pool Challenge did a 142m DNF dive, a new SWE NR in the DNF dicipline.
So I guess the all things that you doo in traing lead up to better and longer dives.

Have a great time and enjoy the pool each time
Flojt

Relax, I am sure this was just for fun (something to spice up the training :)). And besides it is probably quite useful to perfect the technique of the legs. Miha

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT