• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nice Tuna

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

eshowe_boy

Dec 19, 2002
My buddy Kevin went exploring and diving for 3 days in Mainland Mexico. At seamounts, 30-50 miles offshore, beyond the sight of land, we hunted big tuna. Free diving (no SCUBA tanks) into the abyss up to 60 feet deep with homemade spear guns we got 11 tuna from 88 to 141 pounds.

He says its the best diving trip I've had in almost 15 years of spearfishing!
He has forgotten what I still need to learn about the sport so I would like to get him on the forum to share some stories. We'll see.

As an SA expat I have to say I am depressed beyond words about the cricket results. I paid $300 to watch the games for what. Duckworth-Lewis can take their stupid scoring system and shove it where the sun don’t shine. I am pissed!!!

Eshowe-boy

Attachments

• kevin1.jpg
    kevin1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 471
More Pictures of Tuna

Here are a few more nice fish photo's. I had nothing to do with catching these beauties, but I hope to be invited to help eat them.!!:D

Attachments

• kevintunas.jpg
    kevintunas.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 435
Reactions: Amphibious
NICE FISH!

you don't need a Caddy? Sherpa? Slave? will work for Spearfishing trip and/or Tuna....

Willer

nice fish...and I bet you DID have something to do with bringing those bad boys aboard. Ive gone fishing off the coast of Oaxoaca, and Zihuatanejo, but never spearfishing. I hope to get out there - underwater in that endless blue this summer. Congratulations

Adam

Awesome !!!! Just Awesome ..................:p :p :p
My dream fish man. I will smile for a month if I get to land even 1. If 11 landed I probably need to smile for 1 whole year...:D :D
I'll stich my lips end to end to my ears so that I need not make any effort to smile when I am asleep.:eek:

Get ur friend to join the forum, me need info on these yellowfins....pleazzzeeee.

How many did u personaly landed ??

I have never landed Tuna personally. I am really just a newbie when it comes to the blue water. I like the false sense of safety the kelp and rocks provide. I just live vicariously through my mate. Kevin is single and possesses both the skill and financial resources to globe trot in pursuit of these beauties. I am married with children which is no excuse but it does take time and money to hunt these fish properly. Besides I need to rig myself properly with a proper underwater cannon because these fish DO NOT MESS ARROUND. My 15 year old Euro gun would not cut it. I am told by Mark Adderson of Blue Water Diving in Umkamaas SA (whom Abri knows well) is a very early Rob Allen – even before the rail made an appearance. Shit I am old. I am very glad to see Rob joint the forum – brilliant.
Again not me – Kevin Scully get any and all bragging rights. I will try my best to get him on the forum – promise

I have more insane photo's from Kevin's trip but I will start a new thread - Wahoo baby.

Eshowe Boy

Its true, you must have lots of money to hunt, so that u can hunt as far away as u want and charter a big boat. Hunt as often as we like and where ever we like. No wonder I have NOT got my tuna, I am broke man...broke...broke ( the last two are the echoes :D ) Spearing so often lately have drained my bank account..........:waterwork .

Honestly......... Kevin has skill and marksmanship to land those tuna. Unless he bought them from long liners, I am impressed with Kevin's catch. Lucky you Eshowe to be able to join such trip. When my friend bag a real winner fish, I too feel happy. Now let me take a peek at ur Wahoo post.....

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT