• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Night Spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Feb 20, 2018
Here is why we do not like to do night spearfishing in Cape Verde!

A lot of times we like to anchor the boat and sleep overnight at our spots. Often we get a night time visitor :)

Attachments

• IMG_0917.jpeg
    IMG_0917.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: denian and foxfish
Probably depends on where you are. I've spent many a night spearfishing flounder and speckled trout along the Gulf coast of Alabama. Plenty of sharks there, we even had one run straight into a diver, knocked him out. Many more nights catching lobster in an extremely sharky place. Saw a few, which is scary as heck, but were never bothered. Total nights in the water? something near one hundred, know of probably another 200 nights of friends diving without a problem.

Hi I've just under 300 night dives myself, at different places round the world, but at this place there are many big tiger sharks so personally I don't risk it. They are night feeders and personally although I respect sharks, I really don't buy the pro shark propaganda that they just want to be friends ;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT