• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nipple Peircings and Wetsuits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Amphibious

Working Class Spearo
Mar 17, 2002
Thinking about getting my nipples peirced, wonder if anyone else has this done and if it caused any major issues with comfort during a dive? will be about 4mths before I'm back in the water so lots of time for them to heal...

thoughts?

it shouldnt, as long as you dont have a huge gauge or a large ring in it, a small stud should be fine, and if you have a ring then taping it down would probably be fine. Good luck:)

I have had my nipple pierced some years before I started diving and never had any problems with the ring in it. Make sure that the piercing is in a good condition before you go in the water again, mine did last about two weeks. I cared with saltwater only (but not in the sea ;) ) and this seems to be the easiest way for healing (or your own urine). Two times a day put the scab with saltwater away and let it rest the other time. Make sure that the Jewellery suits not to close either it is a ring or a barbell. Some desinfection (eg. Octenisept) must only be taken if the wound starts to inflame.

Amphibious

You would get them pierced you big Girl ( only joking )
Had a mate who ripped his whole nipple off when he crashed his MX
bike. Be carefull of the bugs in sea water make sure you are fully healled before you go in they like the metal flesh combination

Crusty

I have a friend who got his nipple pierced in the short leave he had before his army parachuting course. Not a good idea. :blackeye

A mate of mine has his nipple pierced, the only problem thats diving related is my numerous attempts to attach my floatline to it, via sharkclip... :hmm

Apart from that, he has no probs. Open cell suit or lined.

Nice, Shadow, ha ha ha ha ha!

On that note, make sure the fish are thoroughly dead before you start attaching them to your nipple rings. Nothin' like being towed behind a spastic grouper by the old joy-buttons.

When diving without the suit, go with powdercoated rings, as I believe that Barracuda love shiny objects. I'm not sure about Morays, but I don't think I'd experiment with that one.

The only other danger I can forsee is the freak run-in with an un-detonated WWII magnetic floating mine. (See diagram A.)

Attachments

• nipplemine.jpg
    nipplemine.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 171
god stuff, thanks. was a little worried about ripping them out in my wetsuit.

No cuda or morays to worry about here, just the cod, and they'd have to chew through 6mm of rubber to get at the rings :)

as for the Magnetic influence Mines... if the screws in my leg and the 6ga rings in my ears don;t det it off I hope the nipple rings wont! :D

Jeez Louise!

Sounds like you're o.k. on diving weights.

No, I definitely think you'll be ok, just as long as you don't wear those Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction" giant sun nipple-rings.

sinkweight said:
No, I definitely think you'll be ok, just as long as you don't wear those Janet Jackson "wardrobe malfunction" giant sun nipple-rings.

noooo not into that thanks, just little tiny 14ga ones :)

sinkweight said:

hahaha, that one way to win a static comp, have a wetsut malfunction while your competitor is doing his static... rofl

i have had nipples pierced for years...no problems diving with them.

Go with the prince albert pierceing no issues at all................................................!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT