• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

No Dusk To Dawn spearfishing in Cornwall. Is This New?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Woohoo

Aug 13, 2015
I was just looking for some minimum size figures on the Cornwall IFCA site when I read that fishing with any projectile or spear was illegal between dusk and dawn. Is this a new law or has it been that way for a while? Is this just Cornwall or do other areas of the UK have the same rule? Any info appreciated.

Yes I have read the same on Facebook, just Cornwall at the moment!

Cheers. In Cornwall there’s a slightly larger catch limit on crabs and lobsters than everywhere else, and now this as well.

I remember when I joined this forum 5 years ago there had just been a big falling out about diving at night. I missed it all but it seemed like it caused quite a rift amongst the regular members, so I know how divisive the topic can be.

I personally think it’s extremely annoying that I’ll have to break a law to go and catch some cuttlefish, one of the most plentiful, sustainable creatures in the sea. A law like that won’t stop unscrupulous people being unscrupulous.

For me an others this makes perfect sense !their are any who have died spearfishing in the sea in the night time commonly the diver goes into a grotto then the light torch stops working then arrives the end all that for a fish .The other point who could notice a a torpedo bouy marker in the night from the shore line or a boat Q .Then what if the water be murky lets just say their is a drift net a person fishing alone at a depth could find it impossible to free himself or her self from a drift net .I think in the last moments of life that person wished they had went in the day light hours.Im all for passing a law no spear fishing after dusk until dawn ,.For frog men women in groups night diving i think its ok as they use a air cylinder as well as assistance be there if needed

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT