• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

no more mamba

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Mongrel454

Newbie Stalker
Mar 14, 2008
Well after everything i read about mamba i was so excited when my kit arrived. But in the last 5 months of trying to sort it out, i have removed it from my gun :(
It never performed even close to how the gun performs standard.
At the pressure i had it at i could barely load it and it lacked power, but now i have removed the mamba kit i can load it VERY easy and it shoots fine.

I dont know what to think, maybe i try the tovarich kit next time, or even try the mamba kit on my cressi.

Reactions: strangelove
Mongrel, What is you shaft diameter; I think that Mamba are designed to be used with metric shafts only?

I don't have experience with the Mamba kit but I have a Toravich and Kara yo kit for Ramon in Spain. The Toravich is installed on a 135 cm Asso and the Kara yo installed on a 110 Mares Sten. I have not had any problems with these kits, the power that I get from the guns is incredible. Both guns are pumped up to 23 atms but they shoot like they are pumped up to 33 atms.

If you decide one of Ramon's systems be sure to tell him what diameter shafts you are using; he will make the kit to fit your gun and shaft size.

Thanks for your reply Cousy...
I ordered a 7mm mamba kit and the shaft im using is a 9/32 shaft which converts over to a 7.14mm shaft.
I am thinking of getting a tovavich kit eventually but i cant at the moment.

Mongrel,
Mamba system has been the best thing that could happen since pneumatic were
born....everybody gained a lot of power from their guns by installing such device and
I think if you use properly you'll be astonished by the outcome...
1) shaft has to be 7mm. a 7.14 shaft is wrong!..orings work over few CENTS of mm.
just find a good 7mm shaft and you'll see the speed delivered by your gun..
2) gun should not be so easy to load, that means there is low pressure inside....
As long as these devices (tovarich and so on) are made of plastic I won't buy them.
I have seen some of them spat out of the guns together with pistons...

Marmir in reguards to answer 2. the gun was very hard to load when i had the kit installed and now i have gone back to standard its easy to load and has 4-5 times more power....

I may take your advice and grab a 7mm shaft abd see what happens :)

Thx heaps for your comments...much appreciated

...Yes Mongrel, my gun is hard to load anyway, long ago I took some months to learn the right technique....

mongrel, it will boil down to preference at the end, but i agree with marmir, if you feel that standard is 4-5 times more powerful, then something must be wrong in your setup..

one possible reason: water found a way in (due to uncorrect installment of the kit)?

Any nicks in the various "O" rings and it will suck water into the barrel, even though the kit is new, "O" ring damage can happen very easily, or the shaft is wrong diameter. It does not take much to be "out" in terms of shaft size and thus let water in.

Jamie, you have just got to persevere until you get it sorted .. get a new 7mm spear & new O rings.
I really feel your frustration bud but trust us when we say mambas work!
If you can find a really long 7mm band gun spear that can afford to have the notches cut off & still be long enough for you mamba gun you can could use that?

Well i decided to give the MAMBA another go.
My mate got himself a manometer and pumped my gun upto 25 bar with the kit fitted.
Well i must say its either the higher pressure or the kit but im quite happy with the performance now :)
I have 3 wraps of line and the spear hits the end of that....
Previously i had the gun without the kit and at 18bar, i was quite happy then, but now its very good :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT