• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

No progress

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

freddytunafish

Feb 26, 2003
I have been training with the apnea training tables for almost 20 days and haven't had one bit of progress on my static time. It hasn't moved from 2 minutes. I use them about every other day.

hi

You may want to back off doing statics every day if you want to hit a pb. I have found that pbs will often come after you take time off training ie a week be fresh with a empty stomach and positive attitude and you will do 3mins easy. Have faith in yourself my friend :cool:

cheers

Hey FredyTunafish you sound a bit dissapointed with the tables but I train my static apnea with the Apnea Academy tables (close to this ones) and I feel a very great progress... Maybe you´re done it incorrectly, or fails adjusting the times for the apnea and recover... Why don´t you post initial Table A, Table B and your PB (the one before you begin to train the tables)?

Maybe we can take a look at them and help you...

Last edited:
I think maybe you should pay attantion to how you prepare before each breathhold.

-breathing technique
-reaxation

When me and my buddy have our pool course, ~70% of the people who participate in the course do more than 4min static on their first attempt. (of course after 2-3 warmup apneas)

The only thing we teach is relaxation techniques and breathing technique.

I think you should practice CO2 tables after learning a breathup that fits you!

I'm shure you are capable of at least 3min with the right technique, without practicing CO2 tables.

Last edited:
Is it possible that I am just not resisting the urge to breath enough. I feel like I cant go on anymore and I breath, but should I be trying to hold even more.

hi

maybe you want to post your routine for statics. time of the day, last time of food, number of statics, effort of each, times in between statics etc.

i'm sure there will be some people here to come up with suggestions on how to increase your efficiency.

also: don't worry about down-periods where you don't get where you want to. i just got past one of those myself. take it easy, maybe skip it altogether for a while and wait for the urge to do statics again (that's what i did).

don't give up!

cheers

roland

:cool:

...and check the other threads!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT