• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Noob Help

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

701superjet

Mar 26, 2008
hey everyone im just recently (4-5 months) got into spearfishing and was wondering if anyone was from palm beach, jupiter fl area?

also it is illegal to spear under bridges? some people tell me yes some tell me no:confused:

thanks eric

I'd just look up your local regulations on-line and read them over....and over...and...You get the point! :)

I'm not sure if there is anyone on here (Deeperblue) from your area - But I'd be willing to bet that there is. This site is so awesome in so many ways - indeed...Welcome aboard!

P.S. Hey, 701superjet -

I just HAVE to add...Please, try to always dive with a buddy. Freediving in itself is inherently dangerous...Spearfishing AND freediving ramps up's that danger even more. Be careful out there.

There is ALOT to learn just by looking at Deeperblue...Tons and tons and tons of info - going back years. Learn to use the "thread search" on here and you'll discover a whole world of info. But remeber...THIS IS THE INTERNET....Some of the things written here are plain and simply put: "opinions" - Opinions and nothing more than that. That being said - There IS also a virtual gold-mine of VERY worthy info on here - You just gotta find it. On here you are rubbing elbows with "straight up hardcore freediver's and spearfisher's." LOTS of World record holder's in both freediving AND spearfishing are on this site daily. Not to mention international pro's and even some foreign and domestic equipment manufacturer's. And literally thousands upon thousand of experienced "enthusiast" and "non-professionals" or "recreational" spear-fisher's like myself.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Welcome superjet I guess we mean Jupiter, Florida, USA? In which case yes we have members from Florida not least jimdoe2you - Occupation:
Spearfishing/Freediving Store Owner; North American Distributor of Imersion Spearfishng Gear - or my friend Greek diver, Location: Hallandale, Florida.

Welcome superjet I guess we mean Jupiter, Florida, USA? In which case yes we have members from Florida not least jimdoe2you - Occupation:
Spearfishing/Freediving Store Owner; North American Distributor of Imersion Spearfishng Gear - or my friend Greek diver, Location: Hallandale, Florida.

...and Armandoxz, and Settingsteel ("Steel" is the mentor of the Usa subforum of Deeperblue) very helpful guys.
Why don't you post your questions in this section of the forum:

USA/Canada - DeeperBlue.net Forums

Reactions: foxfish

yea jupiter florida

Superjet,
I spearfish the palm beach area. There are lots of spearos in these parts. AS far as spearfishing under bridges, I can tell you first hand, it depends on the bridge and which sherriff or marine patrol is working at the time. They all seem to have their own interpretation of the law. Last time we went in my boat, seas were too big outside so we spearfished the inlet and also under the Blue Heron bridge. Two tickets later, we knew exactly where we were allowed. There is a fine line in the inlet and bridges. YOu have to be so many feet away from structure, yet if you impede the right of way of a vessel while you are in legal territory,(which is really easy to do, they see your flag, and slow down and steer clear) prepare for a ticket if the right law officer is watching. But on the bright side, there is some nice artificial reefs inside the Lake worth area that the officers don't seem to object to spearfishing. They will board your vessel and make sure everything is of legal size almost every chance they get. Some of them are really cool. Others, well, not so cool. Check your PM.s
Tony

Superjet,
I spearfish the palm beach area. There are lots of spearos in these parts. AS far as spearfishing under bridges, I can tell you first hand, it depends on the bridge and which sherriff or marine patrol is working at the time. They all seem to have their own interpretation of the law. Last time we went in my boat, seas were too big outside so we spearfished the inlet and also under the Blue Heron bridge. Two tickets later, we knew exactly where we were allowed. There is a fine line in the inlet and bridges. YOu have to be so many feet away from structure, yet if you impede the right of way of a vessel while you are in legal territory,(which is really easy to do, they see your flag, and slow down and steer clear) prepare for a ticket if the right law officer is watching. But on the bright side, there is some nice artificial reefs inside the Lake worth area that the officers don't seem to object to spearfishing. They will board your vessel and make sure everything is of legal size almost every chance they get. Some of them are really cool. Others, well, not so cool. Check your PM.s
Tony

thanks , what kind of ticket are you looing at $ wise? i dont have a boat and usually go to bridges:confused:

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT