• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Norfolk spearfishing?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Harold

Jun 6, 2006
Has anyone had any experience of diving/spearing off the north Norfolk coast esp round Blakeney/Morston? Never seem to hear anyone talk about it so maybe the east coast has poor vis? heading up there this weekend and would quite like to get in the water.....

I was stationed at Ft Eustis for a while last summer. I did some line fishing while I was there and didn't see anything that would have looked good for spearfishing. The visibility didn't ever look good to me. . . possible though. I would head toward virginia beach or south to Hatterass (sp?)

Good luck, sorry I didn't get out much to do much scouting.

Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel has an assload of fish but the visibility is no more than 5 ft. Thats where i learned :)rofl rofl

I'm wondering if Harold might be based in London, England (as opposed to say London, Canada) and talking about Norfolk, England rather than Norfolk, Virginia? I never been to either but Suffolk, England seems like it might be good if you can find water with visibility. Sea Angling mag. featured a location in Norfolk recently -- I think they caught codling and possibly bass.

Last edited:
Mr X you're absolutely right...interesting to hear about Norfolk, Virginia but its Norfolk, UK that I'm after!!

Took my kit with me this weekend but the vis was zero although apparently later in the summer things improve hugely and there are good numbers of bass, flatfish and mullet around

Thanks for your thoughts and tips!

I am on the brink of going up to Cromer and explore the pier - apparently lots of Bass and Mackarel (never mind crabs!), and no anglers on the far side. Vis quite good when the sea is calm, they swear on a calm day they see lots of fish from 30 foot above... I'll try it out but I need a buddy in Norfolk!!!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT