• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North Devon 2015

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

John86

Feb 11, 2015
Finally got in for my first dive of the year 5:30 yesterday morning! was planning on going rod fishing and last minute grabbed my spearing kit out of the shed and chucked it in the van (not expecting to use it!).. Turned up at a local spot and was greeted with sun and a calm sea which was a light murky colour rather the chocolate milkshake. (In north devon...., I know I couldn't believe it either!) next thing I know I had necked a couple pints of coffee and was in there.
To my amazement there was vis, I could even see the end of my gun! Swam around for five minutes whilst trying to sort out my leaky mask (nightmare)and it cleared.. Was just crawling around in the weed and out of nowhere I pretty much had a head on collision with a 5 poundish bass, couldn't believe it, it froze in front of me only a foot from my mask with my spear behind it. By the time Id decided the only way I could catch it would be with a Glaswegian kiss he was gone! After that excitement I saw 4 more bass which looked a bit close to the legal size and two decent size mullet which where gone with the blink of an eye... A few wrasse and pouting etc.
After 3hours decided to get out and was greeted by the local fisheries bailiff. (I felt like I had been pulled over by the cops and wasn't sure what I had done wrong!, I just thought they delt with salmon poachers!) he was actually a pretty chilled out guy, he explained to me about the 3bass limit and new shellfish licence, and did warn me that even if I was to pick lobbies by hand(whilst not diving) and he turned up and I had my snorkel gear with me he could still fine me! Anyway wind and surf is back so that'll be that for a couple off weeks up here!

Reactions: Boss and Dai ASBO
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT