• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North Devon

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Ndevonfarmer

Jun 13, 2014
Hi I'm from North Devon, I brought a spearfishing setup a year or two ago but due to a few personal reasons I haven't got round to getting out and using it. However now I am hoping to put the gear I've got to good use. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on when and where is the best for visibility and just good locations around the North Devon area in general.
I had a few people get back to me last time I posted on here but it was so long ago I appear to have lost in info from them.
I live just next to Barnstaple, so if there is anyone who is relatively near and is kind enough to buddy up with me a few times to show me the ropes it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Tom

Hi not sure if I'm much help but I have just purchased some gear to give it a go as spear fishing is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I'm pretty confident in the water and used to kayak fish a lot, and know a fair amount about shore fishing.

I have not got out yet but would be greatful if I could tag along sometime. I'm near minehead but obviously can travel. I know of a couple of spots in North Devon where I have seen guys go out from. If you get anywhere in finding a more experienced buddy then as I said I would really appreciate being allowed to tag along! Thanks

Hi I'm from North Devon, I brought a spearfishing setup a year or two ago but due to a few personal reasons I haven't got round to getting out and using it. However now I am hoping to put the gear I've got to good use. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on when and where is the best for visibility and just good locations around the North Devon area in general.
I had a few people get back to me last time I posted on here but it was so long ago I appear to have lost in info from them.
I live just next to Barnstaple, so if there is anyone who is relatively near and is kind enough to buddy up with me a few times to show me the ropes it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Tom
I'm in north Devon area if up for a spearfishing sometime? Just pm me

I'm in north Devon area if up for a spearfishing sometime? Just pm me
I've been in a few times around Lee Bay and had several more recce trips whilst at work in the area. There are lots of coves and outcrops to explore from a beach and much more if you have a kayak but vis has always been poor (less than 1 mt). With better vis on the south coast it makes a longer drive and dive more worthwhile, that said I intend to explore the area around Rockham bay, Morte point and Grunta beach more this summer. If there are any other known spots that hold better vis please let me know.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT