• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North wales, Anglesey Spearfishing

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Sarahngo

May 14, 2021
Hi all, I’m interested in getting into Spearfishing but I’m not sure how to start and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Should I start by booking myself into a Spearfishing course to meet people and get some information as to where to go? If so, can anyone recommend a good school? How did you get into Spearfishing?
I have some freediving experience in Thailand and Indonesia a while back.
Thanks in advance
Sarah

DeeperBlue used to have an experienced female volunteer staff member in North Wales. I believe she was an air stewardess/air crew. She was a lovely person but tragically died in car accident some years ago. Would have been the ideal contact for you.

There are a number of forum members in. North Wales and others who visit regularly, when not locked down. So hopefully somebody will respond to this thread.

I vaguely recall some forum members trying to form a Welsh club a few years ago. That could be ideal but haven't heard much since.

Spearfishing-specific training is a viable option these days and will suit some people, others not. I think most people know which they'd prefer. I learnt by doing it and from friends on this forum who helped guide me. But I had done some snorkeling and quite a lot of open water swimming ( triathlon) before and rock climbing, including soloing, to quite a high level, so felt reasonably comfortable taking this new, potentially dangerous, activity on. I have to remind myself sometimes that not everybody (inc. my son) has that sort of background to draw on.

Hi all, I’m interested in getting into Spearfishing but I’m not sure how to start and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. Should I start by booking myself into a Spearfishing course to meet people and get some information as to where to go? If so, can anyone recommend a good school? How did you get into Spearfishing?
I have some freediving experience in Thailand and Indonesia a while back.
Thanks in advance
Sarah
Hi Sarah drop me a message im down north wales often if you have a suit you can use i can lend you everything else to see if your into it before buying etc

Hey guys really keen on jumping in with anyone once I get over to north Wales. Currently in Western Australia headed back there in April. Never spearfished outside of Australia and only about a dozen dives under my belt so still a novice. Also any recommendations on suit thickness would be great!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT