• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North Wales Bass

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tecdave

Supporter
Supporter
May 13, 2003
Went out yesterday to the same spot as John Moorcroft talks about in his latest article. Viz was not great this time but there were a few fish about. Ended up with 4 bass upto 4lb. Not at all bad on the BBQ, half an hour after getting out!!:p

Dave

:duh

Attachments

• dave&bass1.jpg
    dave&bass1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 483
Hey - nice bass !

Shot from the surface or aspetto ? Just curious.

Ed

All fish shot during aspetto, The viz was pants at about 2.5-3m but there was quite a lot of bass activity once the current picked up. Fish would come around after about 40 secs on bottom and none of the dives were over 1.20 sec. Max depth at this site is 8-9m and all the bass came from a high point on the reef at about 5m. Just hope they stay around for a few more weeks :p

Dave

Nice mask by the way ! Looks like a Superocchio if I'm not mistaken ?!

Similar;) omer abyss exclusive, but same shape!!!
think I must have just got to carried away and forgot to equalise the mask!!!
Have u tried a mirrored mask?? makes all the difference up here but does make things a bit darker.
Dave

Would like to try one but the murk has been bad recently - have to try some clear spots I know (and secret ! hopefully stay that way too ...)

Thinking about one - but as the days draw in I am more tempted by a torch !

Ed

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT