• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

North Wales

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

North

Aug 10, 2004
Hi,
can anyone help with a venue for this weekend in the North Wales area? I know Alison is from around there and has talked about North Wales on another forum.
I am thinking of a shortish dive as it wil be the first of the season. Any help, as always, will be greatfully received.
Thanks

Hi North
Where abouts approximatley in North Wales are you going? Anglesey. Llyn Peninsula or the north coast area? All have somewhere to dive

Reactions: jay cluskey
Hi Alison,
I am thinking of stopping in the Anglesey area, though I could easily travel around. I will have the family with me, so I will try to keep the dive short. Are there any Bass about yet?
I live in Lancashire and there is no chance of diving around here!
Thanks for your help.
North.

Hi
Ive heard theres Bass around, I went for a quick snorkel at the weekend but didnt see anything :( but still not well enough really.
Try the Rhosneigr area, on the South side of the village towards Aberffraw direction, theres a long beach (broad beach), with a reef in the middle (by the houses) thats good if you look on the map theres parking quite near it.
Ill drop you a pm in the morning we're just on the way out :)
That reef is at the far end of this picture

Hiya
Theres some bad weather hitting us today, southerly gales :( but its better tomorrow :). Might be best to skip the South side of the island and head up to the north side; 2 places I can recommend:
Penmon: North east corner, from Menai Bridge, head off NW through Beaumaris following signs for Penmon untill you can go no further, there's a car park and you can see Puffin Island. At the point is a good spot for some biggish Bass, go in off the beach on the left but watch out for the tide between the point and the lighthouse, very strong rofl
Cemlyn Bay: North West corner of the Island; near Cemaes Bay best to look at a map to find the place, its a bit fiddly but its a nice sheltered bay with a pebble, beach with parking right next to it, best for Pollock, Plaice and Bass if your lucky. Again watch out for the tide if you swim out if the bay.
If all else fails, try Holyhead break water, head along Newry beach, turn left by the Sailing club and head off to soldiers point, park by the breakwater, fish the inside for all sorts of fish, stay close in though theres lots of boat traffic and a SMB is a must.
If the weather is good and the vis picks up then yes try the south side, that place I tried to describe last night:
From the A55 head towards Rhosneigr 3 miles pass post office then 400 yrds shop on left carry on down hill then just befor the small hill (600 yrds) with the white house on it, turn right onto a grassy car park. Head over the dunes to the beach, if the tide is high turn right and fish between the last two rocks, if its low then head off right towards the big red houses and fish the big reef that heads out from there for Bass Pollock bream Plaice etc. Again watch the tide but its not half as bad as the North side ;)

Hi Alison,
This is a great piece of advice, and there seems to be a lot to choose from. I will get a map out and check these places. The weather has really turned nasty, but I think it may pick up for the weekend. I can leave it till the last minute to make up my mind.
I will keep you informed.
Did you get round to buying a sit on top? I was reading the discussions you were having last year as I am interested in buying one this season.
Again thanks for the advice.
North

Alison, is this the place?
Any bass still around?
Cheers.

sorry :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll post a more specific answer in the supporters forum I'm not going to get over specific about our exact marks on the public forum ;) Too many bad guys with trawlers :(

Nice to meet up with you two this morning, sorry I didnt get in the water with you, it was raining! How did it go? The conditions were prety grim but as you say, warmer than the Dory! Her indoors will be sorry she missed you, next time.
Colin

Sorry guys, I missed you :(, went out for the day. How did it go? Its heavy going there in bad viz but still possible, so with luck you got something :)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT