• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Nose clips: Trygons vs 3diver

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shagrath

Sep 24, 2014
Hi everyone.

I am searching for the best buy nose clip. From Apneaddict blog post I narrowed my options to Trygons and 3diver. Yes, Trygons are more expensive but I live close to Greece so shipping cost is not a problem. I am most concern about durability and overall quality of a nose clip. I have found lots of good review on Trygons, but found none on 3diver.

Does anyone had any experience with it? Do they have a good grip (in water)? Are they easily breakable? Comfortable?

Thank you in advance.

I've been using a 3Diver for about 6 months (pool) and love it. Being made of cast aluminium it's virtually unbreakable but very light. It grips well and works well with my nose, and is also easy to remove. I've not tried there Trygons. My previous one was the Apnea Academy version and for me the 3Diver is much better.

I don't know if this is worth the discussion, but I would suggest you look at the ApneaAcademy noseclip. To start, however, I have to say I have an ApneaAcademy noseclip, have only tried the Trygon, and have never used the 3diver noseclip. While the Trygon is made of aluminum and very, very durable, I find that it has a certain weight which the AA noseclip does not, the latter being made of plastic. However, the fact that both have a user-adjustable squeeze factor makes them both a plus (vs. for example, the old-school Paradisiac noseclips, which works by ratcheting-clicks). All this to re-iterate the fact that I have never tried the 3diver. Finally, the difference in price is also consequential: 55 euro for the Trygon vs. $50 USD for either the 3diver or the AA.

Reactions: Sugi
Concerning Nose clips -my 2 cents worth - one of the important and overlooked details in choosing a nose clip are the pads . The Trygons is an excellent design and is also suitable for small noses . Its weak point is the glue that secures the pads ,the pads are leather ,actually a good choice from the point of view of grip ,but the glue is problematical ,or was . The pads fell off after not many uses.Leather to Aluminum is problematical from the point of glue.It is not comfortable for all.
The Paradisio is excellent especially for larger noses . The pads grip well and are easily replaceable they are Dr Scholls Corn pads . However I have had one break , broken by my 2 year old son , and 1 broke on William Winram during the count down in a competition .
the 3 diver I have only handled but not dived with I would question its Pads . It is very comfortable and fits a wide variety of faces .
The apnea academy is good and like the Paradisio the pads are easily replaceable and come with spare pads .
It fits a wide variety of faces is very light , because of this not always easy to find when not on the nose and in my opinion is over priced .

Reactions: Stephan Whelan
I don't know if this is worth the discussion, but I would suggest you look at the ApneaAcademy noseclip. To start, however, I have to say I have an ApneaAcademy noseclip, have only tried the Trygon, and have never used the 3diver noseclip. While the Trygon is made of aluminum and very, very durable, I find that it has a certain weight which the AA noseclip does not, the latter being made of plastic. However, the fact that both have a user-adjustable squeeze factor makes them both a plus (vs. for example, the old-school Paradisiac noseclips, which works by ratcheting-clicks). All this to re-iterate the fact that I have never tried the 3diver. Finally, the difference in price is also consequential: 55 euro for the Trygon vs. $50 USD for either the 3diver or the AA.

Thank you mr2352. I have tried AA noseclip, and although they fit me perfectly on dry face they slip when I used them in water. So unfortunately they are not in the cards for me.

Concerning Nose clips -my 2 cents worth - one of the important and overlooked details in choosing a nose clip are the pads . The Trygons is an excellent design and is also suitable for small noses . Its weak point is the glue that secures the pads ,the pads are leather ,actually a good choice from the point of view of grip ,but the glue is problematical ,or was . The pads fell off after not many uses.Leather to Aluminum is problematical from the point of glue.It is not comfortable for all.
The Paradisio is excellent especially for larger noses . The pads grip well and are easily replaceable they are Dr Scholls Corn pads . However I have had one break , broken by my 2 year old son , and 1 broke on William Winram during the count down in a competition .
the 3 diver I have only handled but not dived with I would question its Pads . It is very comfortable and fits a wide variety of faces .
The apnea academy is good and like the Paradisio the pads are easily replaceable and come with spare pads .
It fits a wide variety of faces is very light , because of this not always easy to find when not on the nose and in my opinion is over priced .

Thank you sir. I will certainly take Paradisia noseclip in serious consideration. Never crossed my mind before even though I heard a lot of good stuff about them.

I've been using a 3Diver for about 6 months (pool) and love it. Being made of cast aluminium it's virtually unbreakable but very light. It grips well and works well with my nose, and is also easy to remove. I've not tried there Trygons. My previous one was the Apnea Academy version and for me the 3Diver is much better.

Thank man. Just a question about them. What is your experience with its pads? Are they stably fixed on aluminum?

I've had no problems with the pads at all. At this point there seems more a danger of them wearing out than coming off.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT